Nominations close on June 9
VIRTUAL EVENT - Tuesday, June 16 - Registrations Open
Sydney, Australia – 7 June 2018 -- The Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA), the nation’s peak industry body for the technology sector, has today announced the NSW iAwards winners for 2018. AIIA’s iAwards, now celebrating 25 years, is Australia’s leading awards program for innovation in the digital economy.
Awards were presented in categories comprising Business Service Markets, Community Service Markets, Consumer Markets, Industrial & Primary Industries, Infrastructure & Platforms, Students, Public Sector & Government, Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning, Big Data, Startups, and the NSW Premier's iAward for Public Sector Innovation.
At a gala event held last night at the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney, The Hon. Victor Dominello MP, NSW Minister for Finance, Services and Property presented HLA-Global with the NSW Premier’s iAward for Public Sector Innovation.
“This event is an opportunity to shine a spotlight on cutting edge technology being driven across Government and industry. By recognising organisations that have made a profound impact in their fields, we help cement NSW’s reputation as a leader across the Asia Pacific,” said Mr Dominello.
Rob Fitzpatrick, AIIA CEO, said the 2018 finalists added to the iAwards’ legacy of recognising the important work being done in Australian innovation.
"AIIA would like to congratulate the winners and merit recipients of the 2018 NSW iAwards. "Each year the iAwards publicly recognise the exceptional achievements of those at the forefront of Australian innovation, and the projects shaping our modern economy. We're proud to provide a platform for, and encouragement to people prepared to bring an idea to life, enabled by technology. Whether they're in startups, the public sector, community services, academia, or private enterprise, small and large, the work of the finalists is an inspiration to us all," he said.
Winners and merit recipients across all categories will go on to represent NSW and compete at the National iAwards. National winners will be announced on 30 August 2018 at the prestigious 2018 National iAwards Gala Dinner and Ceremony, held in Melbourne, which will be attended by startups, innovators, investors, business and community leaders, and federal and state politicians.
The NSW 2018 State iAwards winners and merit recipients are:
NSW Premier's iAward for Public Sector Innovation
▪ HLA-Golbal – HORIZON by Health Language Analytics (winner) Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning Innovation of the Year ▪ The Ripper Group & UTS - SharkSpotter© (winner) Big Data Innovation of the Year
▪ CHOICE – Transformer (winner) ▪ Staybil – Staybil (merit)
Business Service Markets
▪ New Payments Platform Australia – New Payments Platform (winner) ▪ Go People – GoSHIFT (merit) ▪ Tenderfield – Tenderfield Construction Software (merit)
Community Service Markets
▪ The Ripper Group & UTS - SharkSpotter© (winner) ▪ CancerAid – CancerAid (merit) ▪ Humanitix – Humanitix - Changing the World Through Events (merit)
▪ Modular Photonics – Mode Multiplexer (winner) ▪ Optus, Royal Botanic Gardens, ENE-HUB & Nokia – Connected Garden: Tomorrow's Future Created Today (merit) ▪ CHOICE – Transformer (merit)
Industrial & Primary Industries
▪ National Narrowband Network Co (NNNCo) – Ergon Energy Load Control IoT Solution (winner) Infrastructure & Platforms Innovation of the Year ▪ Single Sell – Progenitor - Centre for Aboriginal Health (winner) ▪ New Payments Platform Australia – New Payments Platform (merit)
▪ St Josephs Catholic Primary School Como – HappyNess App: Helping Girls Return to Happiness (winner)
Public Sector & Government
▪ Janison Solutions – Replay (winner) ▪ CSIRO's Data61 – TerriaJS - An Open-source Geospatial Framework (merit)
Research & Development Project of the Year
▪ The Ripper Group & UTS - SharkSpotter© (winner) Senior Students ▪ Kooringal High School – The Amazing Annoyatron (winner)
Startup of the Year
▪ CancerAid – CancerAid (winner) ▪ Humanitix – Humanitix - Changing the World Through Events (merit)
Undergraduate Tertiary Students
▪ University of Wollongong – GenSpeak - A Language Program for Everyone (winner)
AIIA’s iAwards program is a critical platform, demonstrating the impact that its members and the broader technology sector are driving to improve Australia’s social and economic prosperity. In the age of the ‘ideas boom’, the impact of the technology sector that AIIA represents is more crucial to Australia’s future than ever before.
The 2018 iAwards is proudly supported by Major National iAwards Partner the Victorian Government, National Program Sponsors Informed Solutions and AuDA, and Major PitchFest Sponsors CSIRO’s Data 61. The 2018 NSW iAwards is proudly supported by the New South Wales Government. The NSW Premier's iAward for Public Sector Innovation is sponsored by the NSW Government, Department of Finance, Services and Innovation. Other sponsors include Major State Partner the University of Technology Sydney, and Platinum Sponsors NBN Business and Cisco.