And That’s a Wrap! What You Missed if You Didn’t Make it to The VeeamON Forum A/NZ
- 08 September, 2017 09:34
The ANZ Region’s Premier Availability event took place in Sydney and Auckland last month, where a crowd of nearly 800 people across both markets gathered to network with thought leaders and IT professionals to discuss the latest trends in data centre modernisation using virtualisation, storage and cloud technologies. The conference comprised of all the best content, insights and speakers from the global VeeamON event that occurred in May in New Orleans.
VeeamON Forum attendees were given the chance to learn from industry leaders, participate in breakout sessions, technical speaking sessions and hear from global Veeam speakers. Company Co-CEO and President, Peter McKay made an appearance at the event, all the way from the US and local alliance partner sponsors took stage for the business and technical speaking sessions. Keynote speaker, Adam Fraser took the stage too, chatting about the significance of disrupting the status quo and staying ahead of innovation in this rapidly changing world.
To break it down…
Business workshops included information about:
- Leveraging opportunities and managing risk: digital shift and the demand for ‘always-on’
- Effortless data management for the cloud-era. The strategy of balancing legacy tech investments, exploding data-sets and a journey to cloud
- Veeam powered cloud solution: building a successful cloud service to drive business agility
- Making money in the cloud: creating value in services to result in increased profitability
Tech workshops included information about:
- Best back up practices: the 2017 edition outlaying the ins and outs of the most effective and reliable back up procedures
- Centralised Management: the management of Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows with Veeam Availability Console
- Taking control of Office 365 data: the management of security backup systems
- New product sneak peek for the Veeam v10: extending the always on cloud availability platform and driving business continuity and agility to new levels
- Putting back up data to work with flash: new offerings are enabling near-instant backup and restore, and the ability to use backup data for real work like Dev/Test and Analytics
- Optimising vSAN: resulting in better storage performance when designing HCI infrastructure in combining with granular monitoring, protection and management with Veeam
- Cisco HyperFlex: the red-hot hyper convergence company spoke about back up storage snapshots, all Flash HX nodes with 3rd generation UCS Fabric networking and replication leveraging the Backup from Storage Snapshots technology
- Leveraging next generation Veeam cloud devices: a comprehensive availability solution with BaaS & DRaaS
Veeam is dedicated to enabling its ecosystem of ProPartners and Veeam Cloud and Service Provider partners (VCSPs) to help customers by providing a range of solutions to fit whatever cloud environment they may be operating in – our partners success is our success. VeeamON Forum 2017 afforded us the opportunity to unveil the slew of new offerings and programs to drive even greater partner services revenue and engagement and we can’t wait for next year!