Adobe releases next generation Acrobat XI
- 09 October, 2012 15:01
Adobe Systems has made available its latest next generation Adobe Acrobat XI software.
The software now features complete PDF editing and export to Microsoft PowerPoint; touch-friendly capabilities on tablets; and newly integrated Cloud services – including Web contracting with Adobe EchoSign and forms creation, data collection and analysis with Adobe FormsCentral.
According to Adobe, Acrobat XI also provides IT departments with more seamless Microsoft Office and SharePoint integration, easy deployment, applications virtualisation and application security.
The company made changes to the solution to support mounting productivity inefficiencies and the cost of document-based challenges.
Adobe senior solutions consultant, Mike McHugh, attributed a recent study by IDC, which showed a typical company with 1000 employees has a productivity cost of $US15.9 million annually, and addressing these inefficiencies would be tantamount to hiring an additional 213 people.
Adobe Australia managing director, Paul Robson, said the launch was significant for Australian businesses.
“To help keep Australian businesses globally competitive, we see our customers focusing on boosting collaboration, extending infrastructure so employees can be just as productive on tablets and smartphones as they are on laptops,” he said.
Its improved features and functionality include:
- A new edit text and images tool
- Ability to arrange and visually merge select contents and multiple documents into one organised PDF file, while retaining source file integrity
- Enhanced mobile capabilities across tablets and smartphones
- Ability to reuse parts of or entire PDF files as Microsoft Office documents and Web pages without retyping
- Delivering Acrobat XI and Reader XI as a centrally managed, touch-friendly, virtual application with new support for Microsoft App-V via Citrix XenApp.
Products included in this release are: Acrobat XI Pro, Acrobat XI Standard and Adobe Reader XI and newly integrated document services Adobe FormsCentral and Adobe Echosign.
Pricing for the Acrobat XI Standard is $467, while the Acrobat XI Pro is valued at $709. They will be available through Adobe authorised resellers and the Adobe Australia store.
Acrobat XI Pro is also available on subscription for $24.99 per month for a one year plan. Upgrade pricing and volume licensing are also available.