The lunch box - 13/04
- 13 April, 2010 11:55
Good morning! It’s starting to get chilly in the mornings, and dark early – winter’s on its way! Hopefully, these news bits will distract you from that depressing inevitability.
- Symantec will shift its direct consulting practice to a select number of its partners.
- A new global integrator has set up shop in Australia. Networking management specialists, ITC, has set up an office in Sydney.
State of the market
- The markets have woken up a bit softer – at 11:39 the ASX was down 18.1 points to 4966.2.
- The dollar has dipped back to $US0.9243, and Gold and Oil have also had significant drops – to $US1155.0 and $US84.0 respectively.
- Iran: Chinese and U.S presidents meet to discuss bilateral relations… and Iran nuclear issues.
- Bangkok: Protests continue, but foreign minister offers “olive branch for change”.
- Kyrgyzstan “good news”: Interim government to abide air base agreement with US
- Election: Abbott dares Rudd to call early election.
- Protest: NT nuclear dump protest.
- Teacher charged: Darwin teacher caught having sex with student.
- Soldier’s remains coming home: 44-year wait for the remains of two SAS soldiers.
- AFL: Cousins admits he let Richmond down
- Longer pleads guilty: Former League fined $1000 for drink driving.
- Cricket: Malik and Mirza married.
- F1: Former Renault ream principal accepts ban until 2013
- Cricket: Helfenhaus still injured, but planning July comeback.
- Boxing: Green to fight tomorrow.
- Underbelly: At least two more series to come.
- Split: Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake call it quits
- Miley: Kisses Hannah goodbye
- Idol star attacked: Tom Williams set upon in Adelaide.
- Gaga: It's okay not to have sex
- Gaga (2): Teen reveals all backstage.
- Worst food: Dob in a suburb now
- Home and Away: Starlet’s marriage on the rocks.
- Home and Away: Todd Lasance tipped to win Logie.
- Sydney: Fine. Mostly sunny. Min: 13, Max: 23
- Melbourne: Partly cloudy. Min: 12, Max: 21
- Brisbane: Mostly fine. Min: 17, Max: 26
- Perth: Showers, windy, easing later. Min: 15, Max: 23
- Adelaide: Fine. Sunny. Min: 10, Max: 24
- Hobart: Mainly fine. Min: 12, Max: 19
- Canberra: Sunny. Min: 5, Max: 21
- Darwin: Afternoon shower/storm. Min: 25, Max: 32