The lunch box - 29/03
- 29 March, 2010 12:11
It’s a short week, followed by another short week – great news, we get an Easter mini-holiday! Got it planned yet?
- Ever wondered what’s happened to some of the prominent people in the channel over the last 10 years? This slideshow has some of them.
- The two-and-a-half year court battle between defunct WA reseller, Abacus Computers and Technology and Abdus Salam Aziz has been dismissed.
- The .CO domain name is up for grabs, and Melbourne IT is a part of it.
State of the market
- The markets have faced a rocky morning of trading. At 12:04pm, the S&P/ASX200 was up 1.2 points.
- The Aussie dollar is largely steady at $US0.9057. Gold is up to $US1107.1 an ounce and oil is down to $US80 a barrel.
- Rate rise: Rates will rise, says Bank governor
- Asylum seekers: Asylum-seekers set to stay on mainland Australia
- Iron Pollie: Tony Abbott finishes ironman in 14 hours
- Racist Queenslanders?: Indian taxi driver accused of kidnapping five female passengers
- Royal failure: Bono and Prince Edward lead companies into the ground
- Trapped miners: More than 150 Chinese miners trapped
- F1 Racing: Mark Webber attacks police
- F1 Racing (2): Jenson Button wins his second Australian Grand Prix
- NRL: Sydney Roosters horribly mauled by Bulldogs
- Cricket: Simon Katich digs Australia in
- Rugby Union: Aussie clubs well-placed for win
- TV: Sarah Monahan set to make official police statement against her former on-screen father on Hey Dad!
- Music: Gabriella Cilmi 18 and sexy – but is it selling out?
- Fashion: Oscar-nominated Gabourey Sidibe too fat for Vanity Fair?
- Travolta: claims scientology helped him cope with his son’s death.
- Friends split: Schwimmer and Aniston now friends on old TV sitcoms only.
- MasterChef 2 already a success: Reality show raises 10 times the revenue of the previous season.
- Best trip ever: How to turn a good holiday into a great one
- Victoria’s Secret: Swim catalogue has hit 15.
- Sydney: Showers. Chance Thunderstorm. Min: 21, Max: 24
- Melbourne: Shower or two clearing. Min: 14, Max: 21
- Brisbane: Mostly fine. Possible morning shower. Min: 20, Max: 29
- Perth: Partly cloudy. Min: 15, Max: 32
- Adelaide: Fine. Sunny. Min: 15, Max: 26
- Hobart: Mainly fine. Min: 12, Max: 20
- Canberra: Shower or two. Chance thunderstorm. Min: 14, Max: 20
- Darwin: Late shower/storm. Min: 25, Max: 34
Product Wars: Favourite 80’s technology
- Results so far...
- 1st – VHS (With VCR Player) – 90%
- 2nd – Personal Computers – 79%
- 3rd – Video game consoles – 66%
- 4th – Camcorders – 62%
- 5th – Brick phones – 61% Click here to cast your vote.