The Lunch Box - 27/11
- 27 November, 2009 11:28
Another week, another lunch. It’s getting closer to Christmas now (perhaps you’ve noticed the too-early decorations in supermarkets across the country), but for now enjoy the last few days of Spring – Summer is coming with a vengeance.
- Cellnet is back in the black! The ASX-listed distributor is forecasting a profit of $700,000 for the half year
- Synergy has completed its acquisition of Leading Solutions
- Finally, check out our latest edition of the ARN review here
State of the market
- The market fell dramatically thanks to fears that Dubai’s economy is set to implode. At close of trading, the S&P/ASX200 was down 136.5 points at 4572.1.
- The Aussie dollar has fallen thanks to risk fears around the world and trades at $US0.9084. Gold is still climbing at $US1188 an ounce while oil is up 2.41 per cent to $US77.9 a barrel
Turnbull in crisis
- It's on: Abbott's wants top job
- Tony Abbott: Nation held hostage to ETS
- Heir apparent: Hockey being lined up to lead Liberals
- Sunk: ETS scuttled amid Turnbull to quit speculation
- : Turnbull felled by grassroots revolt
- Last stand: Turnbull vows to go down fighting
- Minchin: Quits over climate change
- Howard: Silent on the ETS
- Business: World markets roiled by Dubai debts
- Commodities: Gold strikes record just below $US1200
- Technology: Flickering screens plague new iMac owners
- Safe at last: Dick Smith pays part of ransom
- Health: St Vincents board loses $24m on junk bonds
- Medicine: Medics hailed over twins
- Computers: Satyam fraud much larger than estimated - now $2.8bn
- Walkley Awards: The Australian takes out the Gold
- Walkley Awards (2): Stephens honoured
- Cricket - Ist Test (1): Windies toil hard but lack killer punch
- Cricket - Ist Test (2): Hussey gives 66 good reasons he should stay
- Cricket - Ist Test (3): Calypso kids show some promise as day one goes to script
- Cycling: McEwen back on top for Tour Down Under
- AFL: Swans turn up speed with picks in national draft
- Rugby union: What ailing Wallabies need to do
- NRL: Bird might brush NRL and return to France
- Golf: Poor start not enough to kill Nitties' Open chances
- 2009 ARIA Awards: Idolatry rises, Idol falls short
- Music festival season: For all in ntents
- Top of the pops: Susan Boyle's debut set to outsell Eminem
- Daniel Merriweather:Embracing the adoration
- Patrick Wolf: The next Madonna?
- Miley Cyrus: I'm the 'coolest person ever'!
- Film: Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs reviewed
- Travel: Going nude at a theme park
- Motoring: The Car of the Year is ...
For the weekend:
- Why not go for a drive this weekend? Australia is literally covered with great driving roads, such as The Great Ocean Road.
- Sydney: Fine. Sunny. Min: 20, Max: 35
- Melbourne: Few showers. Min: 15, Max: 21
- Brisbane: Late shower or storm. Min: 22, Max: 33
- Perth: Sunny. Min: 12, Max: 32
- Adelaide: Windy. A few showers. Min: 16, Max: 22
- Hobart: Rain periods. Min: 11, Max: 15
- Canberra: Possible shower. Min: 15, Max: 26
- Darwin: Afternoon shower/storm. Min: 26, Max: 33
Product Wars: Best IT Invention
- Results so far...
- 1st - Google - 73%
- 2nd - Netspace - 66%
- 3rd - Apple iPhone - 60%
- 4th - Apple iPods - 59%
- 5th - Nintendo Gameboy - 55%
- Don't like the results? Change them by voting here.