The lunch box - 11/08
- 11 August, 2009 12:44
- Another day another lunch
Snack down on some juicy news bits over lunch, and keep up to date with the goings-on in the world with the ARN lunch box!
- iPrimus was unfortunately hit by its second blackout for the year
- Panasonic and IPL have teamed up for IP Phones
- Will WatchGuard’s acquisition of BorderWare threaten the channel? Not so, the vendors claim
State of the market
- The market suffered a sudden drop when trading began, but soon recovered and has spent the morning moving between positive and negative territory. At 11:32am the S&P/ASX200 is up 1.9 points.
- One Aussie dollar buys $US0.8377 while gold is trading down 1.31 per cent at $US946.9 an ounce. Oil is selling for $US70.6 a barrel.
- Libs at war: Tuckey to resume attack on Turnbull
- Horse stud horror: Struck by deadly Hendra virus, 30 people exposed
- Online war: Twitter, facebook attacked to silence man called Cyxymu
- What's this then?: Mysterious Burmese facility revealed on Google Earth
- Right out there: Earth's little brother Titan amongst moons
- Hard yakka Crisis keeps us working into our 70s
- Big problem: Baby elephant stuck in manhole in Thailand
- NT X-Files: Video shot of UFO south of Darwin
- The Ashes - Poms at war: Flintoff's fury with Strauss
- The Ashes (2): New Ponting rises out of Ashes
- Star charged: Storm act swiftly and stand down Inglis
- Moto GP: Virus sidelines Stoner for three races
- Rugby union: Giteau the man for halfback says Connolly
- Golf: Nine pips Ten in race for Masters
- Australian Idol: Audience drops off sharply for debut of new series
- Woodstock (2): Fresh dawn or last gasp
- Woodstock (1): Where are they now?
- <i>Red Dawn</i> remake: Isobel Lucas, Connor Cruise signed up
- Friends-only: Little Britain star too protective for Nat
- Supergroups: From Cream to Crooked Vultures - gallery
- Live music: Thriving as promoters trim ticket prices
For the evening:
- It’s too early in the week for the hard stuff, so the light and bubbly The Ugly Truth might just be the way to pass the evening.
- Sydney: Fine. Partly cloudy. Min: 10, Max: 21
- Melbourne: A few showers. Min: 9, Max: 16
- Brisbane: Possible late shower or thunderstorm. Min: 12, Max: 26
- Perth: Showers, easing. Min: 9, Max: 18
- Adelaide: Light shower or two. Min: 8, Max: 17
- Hobart: Rain, increasing. Min: 7, Max: 12
- Canberra: Mostly fine. Min: 2, Max: 14
- Darwin: Fine and sunny. Min: 19, Max: 32