EDGE 2020 Goes Virtual
<p>Digital Age Hits Home with HP Entertainment and Photography Solutions</p>
<p>SYDNEY, Australia, 30 September, 2004 – Hewlett-Packard (HP) is bringing state-of-the-art home entertainment solutions into the living rooms of ordinary Australians with the launch of the most advanced consumer digital technology.</p>
<p>HP has unveiled more than 30 innovative consumer products and solutions in digital photography and digital entertainment, marking the company’s expansion into the digital entertainment and photography space.</p>
<p>The linchpin of HP’s transformational approach to the home entertainment market is the HP Media Center PC (HP MCPC), which allows consumers to integrate TV, music, digital video, DVD, photography and the Internet into a single entertainment device.</p>
<p>“Australians are increasingly looking for the lifestyle benefits that the digital age can bring and top of mind is simplicity and ease of use,” said Rebekah O’Flaherty, Vice President and General Manager, Imaging & Printing Group, HP South Pacific.</p>
<p>“With our heritage in technology and our commitment to innovation, HP has been able to deliver consumer products that work together seamlessly and directly enrich the home photography and entertainment experience.</p>
<p>“This is much more than a technology issue, it is about how people spend their leisure time, drawing on the most effective way to access entertainment from anywhere at home and on the go.</p>
<p>“Our focus is to help consumers be more productive and enjoy more of life by delivering simple and rewarding experiences, no matter what type of content, whether its photos, music or video,” said O’Flaherty.</p>
<p>HP will continue its aggressive push of digital photography to the home mass market with its new range digital cameras, photo printers and photo papers to enable consumers to print cost effective, high-quality photos that will resist fading for generations.</p>
<p>* The portable, lightweight HP Photosmart 375 Compact Photo Printer becomes a mobile digital photo lab for 4 x 6-inch prints when used with the optional HP Internal Battery for Compact Photo Printers. The optional HP bt300 Bluetooth Wireless Printer Adapter provides added convenience when printing photos wirelessly from a compatible Bluetooth™ enabled camera phone.
* The HP Photosmart 2710 All-In-One is the ultimate photo lab that can print, copy, scan and fax, with built-in memory slots and wireless capabilities. This system is specially designed to easily print colour photos from camera phones or other compatible Bluetooth wireless devices.
* The HP Photosmart 8450 Photo Printer produces stunning colour and black-and-white prints (up to 72 million different colour combinations and grayscale combinations) with its eight-ink colour printing system. The network-enabled photo printer features a 2.5-inch colour image display, easy-to-access front-panel editing buttons, digital camera video printing and panorama format printing.
* The HP Photosmart R607 Digital Camera with 4.1-megapixel is stylishly small and features exclusive HP Real Life technologies, which include adaptive lighting and in-camera red-eye removal. These technologies can help even novice digital photographers take better pictures.
* The range of HP’s best all-around photo paper with exceptional fade resistance – HP Premium Plus Photo Paper has been expanded to include the 10x30 cm panorama photo paper. This additional size gives consumers more choice and versatility when printing digital photos.</p>
<p>HP’s new line of home and mobile digital entertainment solutions include:
* The HP Media Center which comes with a removable 160GB Personal Media Drive (PMD) for storing and sharing multiple movies, music and TV shows. As well as built in 902.11 b/g WLAN, quality digital sound system, a DVD+RW/+R drive, a digital memory card reader, powerful 3-D graphics and Intel® Pentium® 4 processor with Hyper-Threading Technology.
* The HP ep9010 Instant Cinema Digital Projector offers an integrated, portable projector and DVD player with a 5.1-capable surround-sound system, bringing home the sound and visual impact of a big-screen cinematic experience.
* The HP Pavilion dv1000 Series Entertainment Notebook, offers consumers on-the-move access to music, video and photos. Featuring a 14-inch display and Intel® Centrino™ Mobile Technology, HP’s latest notebook features QuickPlay innovation, which conveniently allows consumers to watch DVDs or listen to music without the need to boot up the notebook’s hard drive.</p>
<p>Further product information and availability can be found at www.hp.com.au.</p>
Hewlett-Packard (HP) is a technology solutions provider to consumers, businesses and institutions globally. The company’s offerings span IT infrastructure, personal computing and access devices, global services and imaging and printing. For the four fiscal quarters ended 31 July 2004, HP revenue totalled $78.4 billion. More information about HP is available at www.hp.com.au.</p>
<p>Bluetooth is a trademark owned by its proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license. Intel and Centrino are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries</p>
Burson-Marsteller for HP
02 9928 1589
0411 787 915
Burson-Marsteller for HP
02 9928 1549
0412 868 306
3 Richardson Place
North Ryde NSW 2113