Interwoven Introduces Key Enhancements to TeamSite, Further Enabling Enterprises to Bolster Workforce Productivity and Accelerate Time-to-Value
- 05 October, 2004 16:09
<p>Interwoven Expands Web Content Management Leadership by Providing Enterprises with the Industry’s Most Advanced Information Management and Reporting Functionality</p>
<p>Sydney, Australia, 5 October, 2004 - Interwoven, Inc. (Nasdaq: IWOV), provider of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions for business, is expanding its leadership in Web Content Management (WCM) with the introduction of new information management and business reporting capabilities, enabling enterprises to improve operational efficiency across all Web-based initiatives. Interwoven TeamSite software, the underlying technology engine powering the Interwoven WCM solution, is delivering even greater value to enterprises with key enhancements in TeamSite 6.5, including TeamSite Advanced Information Management Services and TeamSite ReportCenter.</p>
<p>As enterprises today continue to implement additional disparate Web initiatives, such as intranets, extranets, divisional and globalised sites, a company’s Web properties touch virtually every business operation throughout the enterprise. This evolution of Web properties across the enterprise has driven the increased need for WCM solutions that enable enterprises to more effectively manage and leverage their Web properties to improve productivity, drive revenue, and broaden market reach.</p>
<p>“At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, our focus is on delivering the most relevant content to members in the most timely manner possible,” said Jennifer O'Meara, director of Web Services at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island. “The usability improvements to TeamSite have made it simple to extend content publishing broadly throughout our public and intranet sites, enabling business users to find, re-use, and publish information to specific Internet and intranet sites. We also look forward to the advanced search capabilities, which will further enable us to quickly and easily provide members with the high-quality content they've come to expect.”</p>
<p>With the latest version of TeamSite, Interwoven is extending its WCM leadership by delivering advanced and easy-to-use information reporting and re-use as well as business process optimisation to further address key issues faced by enterprises. TeamSite Advanced Information Management Services helps enterprises bolster greater workforce productivity by enabling users to more quickly and easily find, retrieve, and leverage managed content and information.</p>
<p>TeamSite ReportCenter empowers enterprises to measure the efficiency of people, processes, and systems to accelerate time-to-value from their WCM investment. Combined with Interwoven Content Intelligence Services, which automate content categorisation and metadata, the Interwoven Web Content Management solution is the first in the industry to extend such advanced information management and reporting capabilities to enterprises.</p>
<p>“Just as enterprise Web initiatives continue to evolve across industries, Interwoven will continue to push the envelope to deliver innovative and leading WCM solutions,” said Kevin Cochrane, vice president, WCM products and solutions at Interwoven. “Our forward-thinking customers demand high-quality, high-value products to manage their businesses, and this latest release of our flagship TeamSite product is a clear example of Interwoven’s dedication to addressing the complex and ever-changing business needs of our customers.”</p>
<p>With the release of TeamSite 6.5, the Interwoven WCM solution offers expanded functionality for enterprises, including:</p>
<p>TeamSite Advanced Information Management Services
• Full Parametric Search—Using simple keywords, users can quickly locate and sort content based on content category, standard metadata and file properties within private work areas or across entire managed Web sites. As a result, users can easily re-use, link to, or route content during the content development process.
• Actionable Results—Enables content from all parts of the repository across multiple independent Web sites to be virtually grouped for editing, review, publishing, and distribution.
• Cross-Initiative Retrieval and Re-use—Users can rapidly locate and re-use information from any Web initiative in the enterprise such as public sites, enterprise intranets, and other managed Web initiatives.</p>
• Site-Specific Reporting—Enables businesses to monitor and tune the progress of new Web initiatives such as partner extranets, departmental intranet sites, and public product launches to speed time-to-Web.
• Advanced Tracking Reports—Web site change tracking reports enable businesses to compare publishing behavior between existing and previous versions of Web properties as well as report on the behavior of specific types of content assets such as product pages, research documents, Web storefronts, white papers, or company logos.
• Intuitive Pre-Packaged Reports—TeamSite ReportCenter provides multiple out-of-the-box reports, making it simple and intuitive for enterprises to see the most important trends in their content management and publishing.</p>
TeamSite Advanced Information Management Services and TeamSite ReportCenter are generally available in October.</p>
Interwoven, Inc., provider of Enterprise Content Management solutions for business, enables organisations to unify people, content and processes to minimise business risk, accelerate time-to-value and sustain lower total cost of ownership. Interwoven delivers deep industry-specific solutions which reduce business process cycle time from initial collaboration through design, production, sales, marketing, legal review, IT and service. Interwoven leads the industry with a service-oriented architecture today and easy-to-use, best-in-class components and solutions. Today, more than 3,000 enterprises, law firms and professional services organisations worldwide are Interwoven customers including British Telecom, Ford, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, General Motors, Jones Day, Motorola and Yamaha. Interwoven is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. For more information visit www.interwoven.com.</p>
Alex Murphy/Rob Stirling
+61 2 9977 8922