Compuware Application Performance Management Solution Helps IT Align with Business Priorities
- 08 December, 2003 09:44
<p>Compuware Vantage 9 Enables IT to Deliver Service Excellence with Unique Combination of Management Views and Rich Analytics
Sydney—December 8, 2003--Compuware Asia Pacific today unveiled its next generation application service management solution. Compuware Vantage 9 improves application performance systematically and proactively, driven by business priorities. By monitoring application service from the end-user perspective rather than just monitoring infrastructure components, Vantage 9 can identify and resolve problems before they impact the business. Vantage 9 goes further by uniting management level views with end-to-end performance analysis capabilities.
Aligning IT with business priorities
Vantage 9’s new capabilities enable IT teams to view the scope of application service problems in terms of affected applications, locations, transactions, and users as well as the duration and frequency of problems so that they can be prioritized according to their potential impact on the business. New summary views highlight performance by application and location, while detailed heat charts allow IT to identify service violations and application outages by time of day, day of week, and transactions affected.
John Sanger, Operations Manager at Alphawest agrees, “We are getting great value out of the Vantage toolset at our National Operations Centre in Perth. The Compuware toolset is a springboard into a higher value service and is more relevant to our customers’ needs. It is enabling us to provide outsourced performance management services that ensure we are maximising the value of our customers IT investment”.
Integrated performance analysis capabilities lead to systematic problem resolution
Once IT has identified the scope and impact of a service problem, Vantage 9 provides sophisticated analysis capabilities that enable an intelligent handoff to the relevant technical specialists. These experts can maintain the business context as they access comprehensive application and infrastructure metrics to determine the underlying cause.</p>
<p>“BT Global Services can measure its return on investment in the Vantage products by being able to track and measure how much network traffic is occurring and how congested the network links may be. We can provide information on response times and predict service delays. This information can be presented to management and a case made to increase bandwidth to prevent degradation to customer service. This is a very useful and proactive tool which is of great value to our business,” said Paul Bressington, Technical Services Director at BT Global Services.
The new analysis capabilities in Vantage 9 include:
• Client-Network-Server time breakdown with baseline When a service level degradation occurs, Vantage 9 enables managers to quickly see where a poorly performing transaction has spent most of the processing time. Further, they can quickly compare these results to a baseline transaction to determine exactly where the transaction is lagging and understand what has changed to cause a problem to occur.
• Comparison views – Vantage 9’s English language interpretation of performance bottlenecks enables IT staff to characterise a problem with greater accuracy.
• Exception-Based Analysis– Vantage 9 provides patent-pending technology to dynamically measure network behavior throughout the course of a transaction. This makes it possible to capture a precise “transaction snapshot” at the time of a service level violation so that analysts can more easily solve problems by pinning down the actual cause.
“By bringing to light application service problems that often go undetected when only infrastructure components are monitored, breakthrough improvements in application service can be achieved,” said David Macalpine, Product Director for Vantage. “Vantage 9 not only identifies service problems but also provides deep insight into the interaction of the application with the underlying infrastructure components, allowing swift and definitive problem resolution.”
Vantage 9 is available immediately.
Compuware Corporation, a leading provider of software and technology services, delivers industrial-strength solutions for the enterprise computing environment that dramatically improve productivity, quality and performance across the application life cycle. For more information about Compuware, please visit http://www.compuware.com.
Compuware Press Contact
Carolyn Owen or Jesse James
Ph: 02 9241 3131 / 359
Dir: 02 9291 3324
M: 0419 414 838 / 0410 344 300
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com</p>
- TechnologyOne accused of bullying, again
- Microsoft hints at early April release of Windows 10's next feature upgrade
- Can the channel capitalise on Australia’s new mandatory data breach notification laws?
- Australian Govt flags HP laptop battery recall
- Consumer watchdog flags further action over NBN speed claim issues