Menu
E-Store shuts its doors again

E-Store shuts its doors again

IT e-tailer E-Store has closed its doors and taken its Web site offline.

The fate of the business will be decided at a meeting of creditors on Wednesday.

E-Store has been operated for the last 18 months by Gerard Farley under a deed of company arrangement with Star Dean Wilcox, insolvency experts acting on behalf of the company’s original creditors from its first collapse in 2001 under founder, Steve Spilly.

Deed administrator, Ian Purchas, said that he advised the company’s director, Gerard Farley, to temporarily cease operating to avoid the possibility of being found to be trading while insolvent.

The Web site has subsequently been taken off line and phone calls to the e-tailer are being answered by a voice message asking customers to either cancel their orders or contact their financial institution to void transactions with the company.

Purchas said his view was that the company was likely to be placed in liquidation.

He said a number of parties had discussed buying the e-tailer, but all withdrew their offers once the business’ status had been explained in detail.

ARN understands that one of the most recent bidders for the business was Perth-based e-tailer, BuyQuick.com.au.

Director of BuyQuick, Andreas Adamides, confirmed his company ceased fulfilling orders for e-Store on March 28 and had withdrawn from any negotiations to buy the company.

If asked by e-Store’s creditors to liquidate the company, Purchas said he would still look at putting the business on the market.

“Hopefully new parties will come to the table,” he said.

As well as trade creditors (IT distributors and vendors), Purchas said he has been made aware of a number of customer creditors (such as customers with unfulfilled orders).


Follow Us

Join the newsletter!

Error: Please check your email address.
Show Comments