Although the Stdlib effort began in 2016, details as to its functoniality have only recently been revealed.
Where to download Stdlib
You can download the beta Stdlib source code from GitHub. Version 0.34 is the current beta.
The planned Stdlib capabilities include a plot API for data visualization and exploratory data analysis, as well as general utilities for data transformation, functional programming, and asynchronous control flow.
Among the more than 2,000 other functions in the Stdlib are:
- Special math functions, including exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric, absolute value, rounding. and special functions.
- Probability distributions, including support for evaluating probability density functions, quantiles, and cumulative distribution functions.
- General utilities for data transformation, functional programming, and asynchronous control flow.
- Assertion utilities, providing data validation and feature detection.
- Sample data sets for testing and development.
- A REPL environment, with integrated help and examples, and a benchmark supporting TAP (Test Anything Protocol).