Data#3 digs into another contract win with PanAust

Data#3 digs into another contract win with PanAust

The deal follows a competitive tender process against a number of top global technology providers

A gold pour at PanAust's Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation

A gold pour at PanAust's Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation

Data#3 (ASX:DTL) has been handed a fresh managed services contract from Australian copper and gold producer, PanAust.

Data#3, which was the incumbent provider, stated it won a tender against a “number of top global technology providers”.

Headquartered in Australia, PanAust's primary point of production is in Laos. The mining company holds a 90 per cent interest in Laos-based Phu Bia Mining Limited, with the government of Laos holding the remaining 10 per cent.

PanAust has similar arrangements in Myanmar and Chile, all of which are run from its Brisbane headquarters.

Under the terms of the deal, Data#3 will provide enhanced user services, improved service level, expanded cybersecurity, more cost-effective asset management, expanded database support across Laotian mining operations and broadened desktop support.

The contract is for the period of five years and is expected to provide secure and efficient technology services in diverse environments including Laos, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea and the Brisbane office.

“The key to our combined success has been and always will be mutual trust, expertise and professionalism,” Data#3 chief executive officer, Laurence Baynham, said.

Data#3 achieved record financial results for the year ended 30 June with revenue up 11.7 per cent to $1.1 billion and net profit reaching $15.4 million, up 11.2 per cent.

The company has celebrated its 40 years in business this year. The business which started at a Brisbane garage listed with the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) in 1997 with a market capitalisation of $15 million.

In October, Data#3 signed a partner agreement with CenturyLink to offer the US-headquartered telecommunications and IT services provider’s infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) via its managed services portfolio.

Follow Us

Join the newsletter!


Sign up to gain exclusive access to email subscriptions, event invitations, competitions, giveaways, and much more.

Membership is free, and your security and privacy remain protected. View our privacy policy before signing up.

Error: Please check your email address.

Tags brisbaneManaged ServicesData#3goldcopperPanAust


Show Comments