The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) has issued a request for tender (RFT) for the provision of Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) server infrastructure that will power its New Payments Platform (NPP), which is expected to go live in October 2017.
Specifically, the RBA wants an accredited HPE platinum partner that is able to provide HPE servers and, in future, other hardware, including desktops, notebooks and Microsoft Surface Pro.
Some of HPE’s Platinum partners across Australia include Ensyst, NTT Communications ICT Solutions, Data#3, NEC IT Services, Fujitsu, Telstra, JDS Australia, Optus Business, Triforce, Datacom, Kapish, Revolution IT and O2 Networks.
The RFT closes on 18 October with the contract being awarded on 3 November.
The RBA provides the core infrastructure for the NPP and Fast Settlements System (FSS), which allow transactions to be settled individually on a 24/7 basis, with an expectation to provide Australian consumers, businesses and governments with a fast, versatile, data-rich payments system for making everyday payments in real-time.
In addition, the platform is being collaboratively developed by NPP Australia and 13 financial institutions, including RBA, with the first product to be delivered via the NPP set to be Osko, by BPAY.
The bank operates its own data centres located at its Martin Place Sydney headquarters and also at its Business Resumption Site (BRS), alongside a smaller tertiary data centre located in northern Melbourne.
From a partner perspective, the successful tenderer must supply all listed hardware for a three year period with the possibility of two 12 month extensions, with RBA also potentially interested in annual hardware maintenance and support.
As the preferred platform may change during the term of the contact, RBA is seeking providers who are able to supply other hardware brands in addition to HPE, with the list of the models of the products including -
- Standard HPE Gen9 Blade Server BL460
- Standard HPE Gen9 Blade Server BL660
- Standard HPE C7000 Chassis
- SFPs for LAN/SAN Connectivity
- Standard HPE DL380 Gen9 Server
- Standard Desktop - EliteDesk 800 SFF G3 - i5-6500, 8GB RAM, 256 GB SSD,NVIDIA GeForce GT730 2GB
- High end Desktop - EliteDesk 800 SFF G3 - i7-7500, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD,NVIDIA GeForce GT730 2GB
- Mini Desktop - EliteDesk 800 DM G3 - i7-6700, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
- Standard 14"NoteBook - EB 840 TS; i5-6200, 8GB, 256GB SSD
- High End 14"NoteBook - EB 840 TS; i7-6500, 16GB, 256GB SSD
- HP EliteFolio 1040 G3 i7-6600, 16GB, 256GB SSD
Furthermore, the list also mentions monitors and accessories, tablets, printers, Surface Pro 5 Tablet and accessories.