Avnet has signed a new partnership with data and analytics company, CloudPhysics, allowing partners to leverage the vendor's software-as-a-service (SaaS) analytics solution.
The distributor said the new deal is significant, as it sees the company carry out its new “specialist approach” in which Avnet said it will offer specialised technical expertise to its partners as they look to pursue business opportunities in new technologies such as cloud, cognitive computing, data analytics and the Internet of Things.
According to Avnet, partners can leverage the big data platform to analyse customers’ data on their virtual infrastructure, enabling a business to facilitate overall IT health checks, understand workloads, gain data-driven insights and identify opportunities around migration to cloud or infrastructure refresh.
“Avnet’s partnership with CloudPhysics means we can enable our partners to help their customers gain invaluable operational insights to their vSphere environments,” said Avnet Technology Solutions' director of cloud and strategic growth for A/NZ, Winston Wong.
“With cloud-first as the strategic direction of most C-level customers today, collectively we will drive scale and profitability for our partners and accelerate cloud transformation decisions, from months to minutes. In our experience, sometimes cloud is the answer and other times it is not.
“Therefore, this new partnership brings a whole new market opportunity for VMware, our major suppliers and public cloud partners.
"Our cloud team recognise and are ready to deliver the immense value this presents to our referred VMware partner community.”
CloudPhysics worldwide sales and alliances vice president, Richard Sexton, added that the ability to deliver accurate insights of current infrastructure performance, optimise and then simulate cloud vendor offerings enables customers and partners to engage faster to align transformational infrastructure decisions.
“We’re excited to be working with Avnet to bring the CloudPhysics SaaS analytics platform to their partner ecosystem and to add this offering to the Avnet Cloud MarketPlace,” he added.
- Airloom - Manipulating mobility
- Channel Coaching - Building a managed services business
- Brisbane IoT integrator taps Cisco veteran for partnerships push
- Symantec joins Ingram Micro cloud roster in SMB market push
- New suppliers jump on board Govt's cloud services panel
- IoT services show strong channel potential as connected devices near 8.4 billion mark
- Avnet expands Lenovo partnership with global training deal
- Sydney-based cognitive start-up in legal wrangle over reluctant investor returns
- Tech Data completes multi-billion dollar Avnet TS acquisition
- Canberra partner wins $3.5M data analytics deal with NSW Govt