Lynn Nicol has vacated her role as channel sales manager at Lenovo, and will head up the distribution channel for Dell in Australia.
Sources closes to ARN can confirm that the industry stalwart departed the vendor earlier this week, after rejoining the company in October 2014.
With a start date unconfirmed, Nicol will lead the Dell distribution business across the country, working with vendors Avnet, Dicker Data, Ingram Micro and Hills.
On the EMC side of the business, Shant Soghomonian will continue to work with distributors Avnet and Ingram Micro.
Labelled as a “respected talent” by the local reseller community, one partner told ARN that the recruitment of Nicol represents a “major coup” for Dell EMC in the Australian channel.
Following partner and distribution roles at IBM during the late 1990s and early 2000s, Nicol took charge of the Lenovo Inside Sales team in June 2005, before running the vendor’s sales operations until October 2007.
A return to IBM followed before Nicol rejoined Lenovo two years ago, upon completion of the vendor’s acquisition of the x86 server business in September 2014.
Nicol’s appointment follows the sneak peek unveiling of the vendor’s new-look channel strategy, built around a redesigned Dell EMC Partner Program.
As reported by ARN, the program spans solution providers, cloud service providers, global alliances, OEM solutions partners and distribution.
Effective February 2017, Dell EMC will soon also announce tier thresholds for partners, including Gold, Platinum and Titanium, as well as an exclusive, Titanium Black partner tier for the highest performing partners.
Lenovo declined to comment on this article and Dell did not respond at the time of writing.
- Super Micro signs on Avnet as A/NZ distie
- CloudRecover tweaks distie strategy post-Dicker Data
- Avnet - Core vs. Context…
- Dicker Data targets Apple resellers through Microsoft Surface deal
- Can finding your niche lead to channel survival?
- "Humble" Dell Technologies aims to rebuild channel partnerships
- SonicWall and Quest officially depart Dell
- Dropsuite eyes MSP channel in lead-up to public listing
- Arcserve signs on ACA Pacific as distie following Dicker Data breakup
- Delta Electronics makes Aussie IT channel move with Synnex deal
- Hills revenue takes a hit despite asset sell-offs