Australian technology entrepreneur, Bevan Slattery, has launched his latest venture, CloudScene, a global database for collocation datacentres, cloud service providers, and interconnected fabrics.
The NEXTDC and Megaport founder said CloudScene was established to improve industry transparency and consolidate the fragmented marketplace for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), collocation, and other Cloud solutions.
The database includes a list of more than 4,700 datacentres and 4,200+ Cloud/internet service providers across 110 countries.
Slattery said it had been evident for some time that the traditionally long and difficult buying process for datacentre and enterprise Cloud services was not going to change.
“It was out of frustration that the concept of CloudScene was born,” he said. “Having invested significantly on these services myself, it became obvious that there was an information gap that needed to be filled.”
“Prospective tenants or home buyers haven’t needed to visit individual websites of real estate agents to get listing information for over a decade," he said. "So, why is the tech industry stuck in the past when it comes to enterprise IT services?”
CloudScene COO, Jason Bingham, added that the primary goal of CloudScene was to deliver reliable and accurate data to market.
“To achieve this, we invested in an in-house product development team and Australian-based data analysts to undertake the research, analysis and verification work,” he said.
“We have an extensive product road map in which CloudScene will grow enormously. This is just the beginning,” he said.
Providers currently using the database include Digital Realty, Telstra, VentraIP, EU Networks, Megaport, Vocus Communications, Epsilon, Superloop and NEXTDC.More to follow.
- Microsoft adds to Aussie Surface Hub partner base
- VMworld 2016: VMware hybrid Cloud strategy key to Dell-EMC progress
- Competition concerns flagged over NBN agreements
- Telstra receives $39.9 million grant to retain customer metadata
- UPDATED: NEXTDC looks to raise $150m for second Sydney datacentre
- Megaport appoints new CFO
- Data centre and channel partnerships key to Megaport's record revenue growth
- Aussie channel key for Alibaba Cloud's globalisation strategy