Somerville Group has appointed David La Bozzetta to the role of Managing Director of Education, bringing on board the former Computelec CEO to run the managed services provider’s education business.
The new role finds La Bozzetta responsible for just under 50 per cent of the Somerville/ISNet business, according to Somerville founder and CEO, Craig Somerville.
"David has headed up a business in a similar market to us for more than fifteen years and has built very good business with a very good culture strongly focused in customer service,” Somerville told ARN.
"This is very much within the thought processes of the Somerville business and our go-to-market so culturally it was a very good fit."
Prior to Somerville, in his role of CEO of Computelec, La Bozetta ran the education provider's business, which included Cloud, BYOD and device programs, managed services and network infrastructure offerings.
La Bozetta began work at the company in 1998 and had led the business since 2004.
Somerville said that La Bozetta’s extensive experience in education at Computelec will offer a complementary skill set to the business.
"Computelec were far more focused in managed notebook programs and software and other particular disciplines that were complementary to our business," he said.
"David brings this skill set to the business that complements our other strong areas."
- Veeam A/NZ gives MSPs more control with ConnectWise partnership
- Australia’s Science Channel launches; is dedicated to STEM education
- Veeam grows core Cloud service provider partner base
- Microsoft and Adobe abused as illegal software use in Australia hits $200,000
- USQ adopts 3D printing in course offerings
- Somerville Group continues education push with triple hire