Avnet has signed an Australian distribution agreement with EMC Converged Platforms VCE, providing access to its entire portfolio which comprises the flagship Vblock product, as well as the VxBlock, VxRack, and the recently launched VxRail.
As a market-leading portfolio, EMC Converged Platform VCE strengthens the distributors hand within the converged infrastructure and Cloud space, complementing Avnet’s currently solutions portfolio, which includes entire VMware and EMC offerings.
“At Avnet, we understand the sales and technical skills partners require to address their customers’ challenges with converged environments and cloud-based computing models,” Avnet vice president and general manager A/NZ, Darren Adams, said.
“The Avnet team will work closely with our partners to enable them to bring these converged solutions to market quickly and in line with each customer’s unique requirements.
“Through our in-house expertise and training programs we’ll enable our partners to target new and existing markets.
"We have also expanded our Powered by Avnet solution to include EMC’s converged platform in a customisable offering.”
Through Avnet’s training programs, Adams said partners will now be able to achieve the required EMC Business Partner Program accreditations, while also taking advantage of additional revenue-generating opportunities across core data centre technologies, including networking, security, storage, mobility and virtualisation.
“Our portfolio of solutions puts IT organisations on a path to eliminating complexity and collapsing cost structures with hyper-converged infrastructure,” EMC Converged Platforms managing director A/NZ, Andrew Foot, added.
“The recent addition of the VxRail Appliance completes our broad portfolio of Vblock, VxBlock and VxRack Systems to provide customers with a converged infrastructure that meets every workload from the edge to the core regardless of size.”
- Blue Crystal Solutions on board as Aussie Big Data start-up goes global
- Cloud momentum with Microsoft as new wave of Aussie CSP partners come onboard
- Software business sold as Dell sheds Quest and SonicWall to fund EMC deal
- Telstra makes ground on IBM, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Samsung in service provider market
- Sumir Bhatia joins Lenovo from Dell
- Cloud DC signs up first North American reseller
- VMware executive joins Veeam management team
- University of Melbourne releases Spartan HPC service
- Ben Goodman returns to EMC
- Rick Hamada steps down as Avnet CEO
- Tintri closes only Australian office
- Avnet accelerates local growth with deepened channel support