Arrow Electronics, the parent company of Distribution Central, has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the global internet media portfolio focused on technology and electronic design from UBM, as the distributor deepens its Internet of Things offering across the channel.
Terms of the proposed $23.5 million acquisition will see the company take control of the US and Asian versions of seven UBM publications, including EE Times, EDN, ESM, Embedded, EBN, TechONline, and Datasheets.com.
According to the distributor, the acquisition will help solution providers sell Internet of Things products to engineers, while allowing partners to position Cloud, software and datacentre products to technical buyers, with backgrounds in engineering and design.
“Arrow has always been the trusted advisor for companies going from design to production on their most important projects,” Arrow Electronics chief digital officer, Matt Anderson, said.
“Our investments in global internet media, focused on technology design, are helping both technical and non-technical companies integrate electronics into their products and applications.
“Our internet media is guiding innovation forward by making technical decision making easier for designers, R&D groups, and engineers.
“This is a step forward in our digital transformation, positioning Arrow as the preeminent, unbiased technology internet media, design, and eCommerce option for companies, from those on Indiegogo all the way to Fortune 500 global leaders.”
Last year, Arrow acquired the United Technical Publishing arm of Hearst Media, months before completing a deal for Distribution Central, as reported by ARN in March 2016.
With this agreement with UBM, Anderson said the move will help Arrow strengthen its position as a thought leader and trusted advisor in IoT and technology design trends.
- Aussie channel on alert as Distribution Central delivers on HPE deal
- Cisco, IBM and Intel open wallets as Internet of Things acquisitions grow
- Through Cisco and IBM, can customers have it both ways?
- Is Intel bringing its ‘A’ game to trillion-dollar Internet of Things market?
- REVEALED: How much did Arrow pay for Distribution Central?
- Over half of enterprises already deploying Internet of Things
- Distribution Central adds MobileIron Access to portfolio for mobile and Cloud security