Business mobility company, Citrix, has extended on its global strategic partnership with Microsoft. The announcement was made at Citrix’s Synergy 2016 conference in Las Vegas.
The partnership aims to meet the needs of the modern workforce with the deployment of Windows 10, productivity in the Cloud with Office 365 and the integration of XenMobile and Netscaler with the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS).
Citrix CEO, Kirill Tatarinov, said Citrix has selected Microsoft Azure as its preferred and strategic Cloud for its future roadmap and that the partnership will empower joint customers to capitalise on the convergence of Cloud, mobile and Big Data and drive digital transformation in their organisations.
“As businesses today face tectonic shifts within the global economy, success is increasingly defined by the ability to optimise the information surrounding people, organisations and devices.
“The expanded partnership aims to meet the needs of the modern workforce with application and desktop virtualisation in the Cloud, network delivery and enterprise mobility management.”
Tatarinov added that this will enable companies of all sizes across all industries around the world have an opportunity to embrace digital transformation and empower their people to work productively from anywhere at any time.
“Our customers are asking Citrix and Microsoft to work closer together to help them fully leverage innovations like Windows 10, Office 365 and Azure. This enhanced partnership ensures we can be more agile in responding to our customers’ needs and help them accelerate the move to digital business,” he added.
In addition, Citrix also announced a set of new solutions for the expanded Citrix Cloud, which allows partners and customers to manage services from the Cloud that unite the Citrix product portfolio and solve challenges partners face when building their businesses on Citrix technologies.
Citrix Cloud services unify every major Citrix product needed to deliver a secure digital workspace, including Citrix NetScaler, ShareFile, XenApp, XenDesktop and XenMobile.
These offerings are available individually, or can be accessed together as a unified Workspace-as-a-Service solution. For products with hybrid components, Citrix Cloud also enables customers deploy on to any Cloud or infrastructure of their choice.
As an initiative to help partners leverage Citrix Cloud, Citrix has also developed educational sessions that will enable partners to accelerate their business and drive revenue.
- UPDATED: Splunk gets named EMC Select Partner
- Services opportunity surfaces as Big Data and Analytic spend rises
- Quality Connex becomes exclusive distributor for Vocalcom in A/NZ
- Nutanix hones in on SMBs with new hyper-converged appliance
- Dimension Data Australia inks exclusive partnership with Ellucian
- Why Microsoft’s renewed smartphone focus is better late than never
- Optus Business and Macquarie University collaborate to combat cyber threats
- What measures should CIOs take to boost business innovation?
- Microsoft’s Magnificent Seven - Record-breaking Aussie partners light up global stage
- Aussie Govt issues "high priority alert" following Citrix security breach