SAP Australia has launched its HANA Enterprise Cloud in the Canberra Datacentre for the Australian Government Shared Services Centre.
Deployed by SAP’s Premium Supplier partner, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), the Cloud service was designed to adequately equip the Australian Federal Government agencies in innovating citizen-centric services and increasing efficiencies such as payroll processing.
The Cloud service provides real-time capabilities of SAP’s in-memory platform, SAP HANA, in a private, managed Cloud that offers all-inclusive subscription-based pricing for SAP software and infrastructure.
SAP Australia executive general manager for public services, Damien Bueno, said, “SAP is committed to scaling the unique capabilities we deliver to our public sector customers. With a secure onshore Cloud platform, built on leading-edge infrastructure, we believe all tiers of government can realise their capacity for digital innovation.”
He added the investment in Caberra is one part of SAP’s global strategy to provide security and regional data compliance to all its customers.
“The new Canberra facility also addresses the requirements of many Australian Federal agencies that are eager to apply the real-time capabilities of in-memory computing in the cloud, but have concerns about hosting data offshore.”
HPE South Pacific vice-president and general manager enterprise group, Alan Hyde, said HPE has demonstrated its commitment to the SAP platform through leveraging significant research and development.“HPE's Converged Systems for SAP HANA, together with HPE Datacenter Care Services, provide a complete managed cloud environment to SAP customers, helping Australian
- Are trans-Tasman businesses “too enthusiastic” about Cloud?
- HP to launch 3D printers this year
- Are market leading vendors failing to capitalise on PaaS growth?
- EXCLUSIVE: SnapLogic enters A/NZ market
- CommVault expands AWS partnership
- Canberrans offered tech deal under new solar storage project
- HPE extends server portfolio offerings
- SAP has a new mobile app for the sales workforce
- BNW and Kloud take Pact Group to the Microsoft Cloud