EMC has announced reseller agreements with Dell to provide a new set of customers access to its hyper-converged offerings, as the tech giants continue to edge closer ahead of the upcoming $US67 billion merger.
Based specifically around VCE, the Converged Platforms Division of EMC, the new channel deal includes the recently launched VCE VxRail Appliance family, the VCE VxRack System 1000 and VxRack Node.
“VCE hyper-converged offerings help IT organisations eliminate complexity and increase agility, enabling them to focus on innovation to drive business growth,” says Bob Wambach, Vice President of Marketing, VCE.
“VxRail Appliances are the most cost effective and efficient way for customers to extend and leverage investments in existing VMware environments for mid-range data centres and enterprise edge.
“In addition VCE VxRack Systems serve traditional enterprise workloads as well as providing an optimal infrastructure for cloud native workloads.
“EMC is excited to be able to provide Dell customers a choice of innovative VCE appliances and systems that will simplify and modernise IT.”
Wambach says the VCE hyper-converged appliances and systems essentially provide Dell customers with more choice in the market, as both companies combine to refine software-defined portfolios.
“Dell always has been committed to offering customers choice,” adds Brian Humphries, president, Enterprise Solutions Sales, Strategy and Alliances, Dell.
“By including VCE hyper-converged offerings in our already industry leading hyper-converged infrastructure portfolio, we’re now even better positioned to help our customers simplify IT and focus on their desired business outcomes.”
- Customer demand shifts from hardware to software as data centre change heightens
- The 5 hottest jobs in IT: Robert Half
- How Microsoft is helping one Silicon Valley born in the Cloud vendor crack Australia
- SA Government signs deal with Inspur
- Ricoh becomes a Microsoft reseller
- EXCLUSIVE: Why rhipe is ripping up the channel rulebook in NZ
- Colocation key as datacentre deals rise in record breaking numbers
- MuleSoft drives Kiwi partner momentum with ex-EMC channel hire