Warranty company, The Warranty Group, will honour all valid claims under extended warranties sold by Dick Smith across Australia and New Zealand.
The company has been the exclusive provider of extended warranty services for Dick Smith since 2008 and the commitment covers contracts sold before and after the chain went into receivership.
The Warranty Group director of sales for Southeast Asia, Hemaka Perera, said the organisation will be honouring valid claims under extended warranties that have been sold on every product to-date.
“We’ve made this decision because it is the right thing to do by our customers. The closure of Dick Smith retail stores is unfortunate and we want to give our loyal customers the peace of mind we promised when they chose to buy products from Dick Smith,” he said.
The company said acquisition of Dick Smith’s online business by Kogan does not impact The Warranty Group, as all extended warranties were sold prior to the acquisition.
This decision covers all warranties sold, including approximately 135,000 extended warranties that were left exposed when Dick Smith went into receivership, accounting for over $2 million in retail value.
Australia and New Zealand make up over 25 percent of for The Warranty Group’s business in Asia Pacific and approximately 3.6 million customers across industries.
- Ingram Micro and Synnex short-changed as Dick Smith creditors face multi-million loss
- The timeline of decline… Where did it all go wrong for Dick Smith?
- 363 Dick Smith stores to close as receivers fail to find a buyer
- Dick Smith stores cease trading on April 30
- Closing dates for 108 A/NZ Dick Smith stores announced
- Dick Smith stores: It's all over on May 3