Converged data platform provider, MapR Technologies, has partnered with Ericsson to drive innovation for digital industrialisation by leveraging MapR’s converged data platform that brings together Hadoop and Spark and enables real-time data applications.
The coalescing of technologies looks to enable efficient processing and analysing of information from various sources in real-time to support mission-critical application deployments.
Ericsson head of PL data, storage and Cloud, Peter Hartlev, said, “Ericsson has chosen to partner with MapR for its leadership in powering innovative data applications for some of the world’s largest organisations. The MapR Platform is uniquely architected to unify open source with the utility-grade features our customers require, such as security, high-performance, reliability and scale.”MapR Technologies Europe, Middle East and Africa vice-president, Patrik Svanstrom, said, “Our combined technologies will bring tremendous value leveraging Big Data to support the broadest efforts on digital transformation in the communication service provider market and will enable our joint customers to quickly realise significant return on investment and improve operational efficiencies in real time from their data.”
- It’s time to have the Internet of Things conversation, and here’s how…
- Salaries soar for developers and IT project managers: Peoplebank
- INSIGHT: How IBM is putting cognitive at the heart of its social collaboration strategy
- Ingram Micro adds Acronis’ solutions to its Cloud Marketplace in Australia
- Global Cloud Xchange inks deal with NEXTDC