Ingram Micro and SimpliVity have released OmniStack, the Cisco UCS integrated hyper-converged infrastructure platform.
SimpliVity said the infrastructure simplifies IT by consolidating data services below the hypervisor into a unified stack running x86 building blocks.
Ingram Micro general manager of advanced solutions, Jon Fox, said, “Hyper-converged infrastructure systems are one of the fastest growing segments of IT. We can now quote, order and deliver SimpliVity OmniStack as one integrated solution with Cisco UCS to our partners.”
SimpliVity vice president APJ, Scott Morris, said, “By replacing the legacy infrastructure stack, with SimpliVity integrated with Cisco UCS, we can deliver reliability, security and data protection with the economics of the Cloud. By consolidating these benefits into one device, we deliver a 3x reduction in the total cost of ownership to our customers.”
- EMC and VMware introduce VCE VxRail
- Cisco opens Innovation Central in Sydney
- Cisco achieves almost $US12 bn in revenue for second quarter earnings
- Ingram Micro sale to Tianjin Tianhai under scrutiny
- Cisco Partner Summit 2016: Partners are essential to Cisco’s growth, says CEO Chuck Robbins
- A/NZ helps Simplivity hit record numbers