IBM systems integrator, Certus Solutions, has appointed John McMahon as non-executive director.
The new role aims for McMahon to provide Certus with strategic guidance and ongoing governance to maximise operational effectiveness, value and drive the company’s expansion in the Australia and New Zealand markets.
He has had nearly 30 years of experience in A/NZ market with a strong background in strategic governance, bolstered by his current directorship holdings with Solution Dynamics and Wellington Drive Technologies.
Prior to the appointment, McMahon had an investment background. He spent three years as managing director of ASB Securities Ltd, having previously been ABN AMRO’s head of equities and head of research.
He also spent more than two years as Morgan Stanley media analyst. Before entering the investment industry, he held finance manager and chief financial officer roles in the publishing and transport industries.
Certus Board chairman, Trevor Janes, said, “We are delighted to appoint John to this position, and we welcome his resolute commitment to Certus both as a significant new shareholder and a key member of the Board. His extensive strategic and governance expertise will be extremely valuable and help us to deliver an exciting future for our business.”
- Australian companies’ DevOps lag behind: CA Technologies
- Qlik names Inside Info as 2015 A/NZ Partner of the Year
- Twitter updates mean people can view Tweets without signing in
- Centrify delivers derived credential authentication for mobiles
- 54 per cent of Australian companies employees use consumer-grade collaboration tools: Dimension Data