IBM has appointed Amanda Johnston-Pell as chief marketing officer for A/NZ.
The new role will have Johnston-Pell focus on driving collaboration across the business to deliver innovative industry solutions and services to clients in the areas of Cloud, cognitive, social, mobile and security.
She will also become a member of the IBM Australia and New Zealand board.
IBM managing director for A/NZ, Kerry Purcell, said Amanda brings strong cross industry credentials and a proven record in driving marketing and communications to have a direct impact on business outcomes.
“This will be critical as IBM continues to work with our clients to bring them transformative industry solutions,” he added.
Johnston-Pell said, “I’m very excited about this role and I look forward to delivering even more meaningful and relevant programmes for our clients. This is a new era of business where speed, agility, innovation and connectedness are essential. IBM’s leadership, innovation and industry knowledge ensures we have the right products, services and expertise to help our clients transform their organisations and industries.”
Prior to the new appointment, Johnston-Pell held senior positions at Telstra in sales and marketing and at BigPond.
- Telstra invests in Instart Logic for application delivery
- IBM systems integrator acquires Wellington software firm
- Telstra unveils new software-defined networking services
- Updated: Telstra acquires Kloud
- Tablets replace books for kids back at school
- Western Digital and IBM forge patent cross-license agreement
- Stuart Lee steps down from top Telstra Wholesale role