Avnet has completed the acquisition of Orchestra Service Gmbh (Orchestra), a German IT distributor of storage solutions and services for EMC products.
The Munich-based Orchestra provides storage-centric expertise to help users take advantage of opportunities in the Cloud computing, Big Data and information management spaces.
Founded in 1998, the value-added distributor focuses on backup and recovery, archiving, high availability replication and storage.
“The acquisition of Orchestra is part of our long-term strategic plan to expand Avnet’s solutions portfolio in the region, while strengthening our EMC partnership in Germany,” said Patrick Zammit, president of Avnet Technology Solutions, global.
“Orchestra’s capabilities are an excellent complement to our converged infrastructure solutions offerings and enhance our ability to accelerate growth for\ our partners throughout the EMEA region.”
Orchestra generated revenue of about $US95 million in the 2014 calendar year. The acquisition is expected to be immediately accretive to Avnet earnings and achieve its return on capital goal of 12.5 per cent.
- Hitachi Data Systems Connect 2015: How high is your stack?
- Time to move on from tin: SpectraLogic
- Flash and disk combos are the future of storage: Tintri
- Dell takes a two-pronged approach to storage
- Veritas announces winners at Partner Link 2015
- Altech Computers goes into administration
- Web First: Avnet appoints Sean Valcamp as first chief information security officer
- How a Canberra specialist is helping digitise valuable Nelson Mandela footage