Cross-platform vendor, Parallels, has launched Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. The release also includes a new version of the software, Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition, for developers, designers and other users.
In addition, it includes Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition, previously known as the Enterprise Edition.
Parallels president, Jack Zubarev, said the new editions benefit from speed improvements, of up to 50 per cent, Travel Mode which extends battery life up to 25 per cent while on the go, support for Windows 10, along with OS X El Capitan readiness amongst other features for both Windows and Mac users.
“Seamless experience has been the hallmark of Parallels Desktop since its inception. Today, we further our innovation with Parallels Desktop 11—from Windows 10 and El Capitan integration to making Microsoft’s Cortana available on Mac. We’ve made it easier than ever for our customers to run Windows on a Mac,” he said.
Zubarev added that it is the first time that Parallels Desktop has made a Windows feature available for OS X applications.
Some of its other features include:
- A New Force Touch gesture support that enables a preview of files with Quick Look or the ability to look up the definition of an unknown word
- Improved Mac Window Controls including a new coherence mode button
- Mac location services are available to Windows applications
- Always on Cortana enables customers to use Microsoft’s virtual assistant with Mac applications, even when Windows 10 is not the forefront application
- “New Item” support for creation of new files in Windows apps including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac, Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Pro Edition and Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Business Edition are available to both current and new Parallels Desktop for Mac users on the Parallels online store and at the following retailers – Apple Retail and Online Store; JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman, Domayne, Next Byte, Computers Now, and Mac1.
The recommended retail price of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is $99.95. Upgrades for existing Parallels Desktop 9 or 10 for Mac will cost customers $64.95, with an introductory offer to upgrade to a Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition subscription for $49.99 per year.
The Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Pro Edition is available at $124.95 and Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Business Edition costs $124.95 per year. Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition includes a complimentary Parallels Access subscription to remotely access their Mac from any device.
- 2-in-1 tablet sales “taking off” as Microsoft boosts market share
- INSIGHT: Jostling for position in the Internet of Things
- Ingram Micro brings Microsoft CSP service plan to A/NZ
- Rhipe inks IBM Cloud infrastructure partnership
- CSIRO AND NICTA collaborate for digital research powerhouse
- Centrify survey finds unmanaged Apple devices a corporate liability