HP has delivered a series of new consulting and support services aimed at Microsoft platforms at World Partner Conference 2015 in Orlando, Florida.
It said in a statement that these new services will help customers solve today’s collaboration and Big Data challenges while providing a foundation for a hybrid world where public Cloud, private Cloud and traditional IT blend.
These new consulting services are available for HP ServiceOne partners to resell, allowing them to extend their reach and increase their profit. New services include:
- HP Database Migration Assessment Services for Microsoft SQL Server: Analyses the environmental data to be migrated as customers upgrade to SQL 2012 or 2014, and estimates the effort required to perform migration.
- HP Database Migration Service for Microsoft SQL Server: Helps customers plan, design and execute migration while reducing time, removing risks and ensuring that organisations avoid extra support costs.
- HP Consulting and Integration Services for Microsoft Azure: Helps businesses integrate Microsoft Azure with hybrid IT services and implement Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track and custom private cloud solutions.
- New HP Readiness Workshop for Office 365: Highly interactive workshop helps customers understand the features of Office 365 and prepare for the transition.
New HP migration, consolidation, education services for MS SQL Server
The end of support date for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 databases is less than a year away, which means enterprises that still use these platforms to run critical business applications such as OLTP, CRM and ERP will begin upgrades to SQL Server 2012, 2014 or adapt Azure SQL.
Working with HP experts, organisations can expedite this process by months through HP automated tools, disciplined migration, consolidation execution and tailored education solutions. HP is unveiling the HP Database Migration Assessment Service and the HP Database Migration Service for Microsoft SQL Server specifically for customers looking to make the upgrade for more performance, cost advantages and business intelligence.
- HP Database Migration Assessment Service: This service analyses the environmental data to be migrated and consolidated. In addition, it estimates the effort required to perform migration using industry standard tools and HP internally developed tools that expedite the migration process.
- HP Database Migration Service for Microsoft SQL Server: After assessment, this service helps customers plan, design and execute the migration while reducing time, removing risks and ensuring that organisations avoid extra support costs while leveraging the new functionality from SQL Server.
HP Consulting and Integration Services for Microsoft Azure
Organisations require different delivery models for varying workloads and applications to flexibly meet their business needs at the right price point. Enterprises can face business and technical challenges as they plan, build and integrate on premises Cloud environments with the public Cloud. To seamlessly integrate multiple Cloud environments, and to be able to broker Cloud services to meet business needs, IT professionals need expertise to transform to a hybrid IT infrastructure delivering traditional, private and public Cloud services.
As a Microsoft Cloud OS Network (COSN) partner, HP now offers a full suite of business advisory, strategic planning, and technical consultancy services to help implement a hybrid Cloud solution leveraging Microsoft Azure.
HP offers pre-architected and customised Microsoft Private Cloud FAST Track Solutions based on HP technologies, Microsoft technologies and HP technology consulting services which are extensible for the integration of these solutions with the Microsoft Azure platform and other public Cloud services.
These solutions include implementation of foundational Hyper-V and System Center components using an architecture and method validated by Microsoft for the Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track v4 program. Tailored versions of the solution can be architected and deployed to meet the organisation’s explicit requirements and hardware specifications – such as HP’s recently certified storage components for Microsoft Storage Spaces.
HP Readiness Workshop for Office 365
Analysts predict at least 50 per cent of Microsoft enterprise customer mailboxes will be on the path to Office 365 by 2020. Organisations that have not yet adopted Office 365 are now evaluating the steps to do so. With the new HP Readiness Workshop for Office 365, HP offers an ideal way to prepare for the transition and migration - built on HP’s proven workshop approach and extensive experience in implementing Microsoft solutions. With this one-day, highly interactive HP facilitated workshop, customers can learn about the features and benefits, within their context, including:
- Office 365 lifecycle management, monitoring, support, network optimisation, identity management
- Implementation and migration toward Office 365
- Office 365 and Active Directory
- Security and privacy aspects
- Compliance considerations