It was a rare chance to experience training at an elite level - to train like a Manly Sea Eagle. And that's exactly what a group of Hemisphere Technologies' end-users and resellers did. And by the end of a strong session they were grinning but exhausted.
The day started pleasantly enough: a chance to watch the Sea Eagles train and then to meet and get autographs from Manly stars Steve Matai, Brett Stewart, Jorge Taufau, Willie Mason and coach Geoff Toovey.
Then the real day started. Under the guidance of Manly head of strength and conditioning, Don SInge, and with the assistance of prop, Brenton Lawrence, the group went through a warm-up and series of drills and exercises that the Sea Eagles endure.
Endure being the key word. By the time the Hemisphere all-stars reached the last drill - a series of sprints, culminating in hitting the tackle bag five times - most were feeling the pinch.
A puffing Hemisphere Technologies sales manager, Craig Katz, who organised the event and participated, said it was all good until that last drill.
Hemisphere's Anna Fortoni joked, "Hemisphere Technologies - fit and ready to tackle anything."
It seems only fair that we call the honour roll of those in attendance:
- Hemisphere Technologies: Peter Phokos, Craig Katz, Anna Fortoni
- Klikon Solutions: Kirk Jones, Mal Prasad, Kyle Rosewell
- Cavalry: Sturt Maclennan, Peter Low, Aaron Johnston, Dan Campbell and guests Stefanie Camilleri (Belle Property) and Jason Passlow (LJ Hooker)
- SoftwareONE: Nadia Tia, Sloane Kinsella, Paul Limbers, Chris Reagan, Jake Hays
- A2K Technologies: Paul Fowler, Nick Crosweller, Mark Wilson, Tim Crosweller
- Other guests: Justin Topar and Danny Berkovitz
Not everybody played - a few observed and offered support while quietly confiding they were so glad they weren't out there.
- Photos by ARN Editorial Director, MIKE GEE