Symantec has appointed Ian McAdam as its new managing director for the Pacific region.
In his new role, McAdam will be responsible for driving the company’s enterprise security business across the Australian and New Zealand markets.
Based in Sydney, McAdam is also charged with and supporting customers and partners in the region.
Reporting to Symantec senior vice president sales for Asia Pacific and Japan, Sanjay Rohatgi, one of the key components of McAdam’s role will be growing the company’s presence and market position across the region.
McAdam joins Symantec from Oracle where he was most recently vice president of applications for Australia and New Zealand.
During his time at Oracle he was responsible for the sales of all on premise and Cloud application solutions while prior to that, McAdam was vice president of eServGlobal Limited.
Rohatgi, who has spoken extensively to
"He brings to our company an excellent reputation for effective leadership in the IT software industry; forming and fostering solid relationships with customers and partners; and developing strong teams which are primed for success," he added.
"I am confident he will be a catalyst who will help steer Symantec into its next stage of growth and innovation.
"Symantec has a strong heritage in Pacific, having had a presence here for approximately 25 years.
"As we work toward completing our company separation by January 2016, this region will remain a vital market for Symantec and we look forward to continuing to support our loyal customer base and partner ecosystem."
McAdam said he was thrilled to be joining Symantec at such an important time in the company’s history.
"As the company progresses its unified security strategy, my priority will be to ensure the team in Pacific focuses on the common goal of protecting our customers from cyber threats and delivering secure outcomes for enterprises and governments across the region,” he added.Read more:Intel makes sweeping changes, Intel Security loses its independence
- Quantum names Greig Guy as A/NZ regional channel manager
- Kaseya appoints Fred Voccola as CEO and Yogesh Gupta as new board chairman
- Riverbed Technology introduces new portfolio of professional services
- Powered by Oracle, NZ Govt agency rolls out new enterprise solution
- Public Cloud datacentre expansion key driver as IT infrastructure spend rockets
- Fortinet appoints Ingram Micro as second distie for A/NZ
- Who tops the Intrusion, Detection and Prevention vendor list?
- Channel role key as Red Hat ramps up global cloud plans
- Nimble Storage hires Bede Hackney as its new managing director
- UXC Group collects $100 million in new customer contracts
- Look who's trying to pinch our start-ups
- Superloop reports first financial figures since ASX float
- Virtual reality pays off for 8i as it lands $20m in global backing