SAP has appointed Jim Fisher to the position of Chief Operating Officer (COO) for SAP Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ).
As COO, Fisher is responsible for leading SAP’s local presales, industry value engineering and sales operations teams.
Fisher succeeds John Ruthven, who was promoted to president and managing director for SAP A/NZ in May 2015.
Fisher joins SAP A/NZ from SAP's Southeast Asia team where, since July 2012, he has led the market unit’s Global Partner Operations business across a diverse set of countries.
He has more than 20 years’ experience in the IT industry, managing and directing sales and marketing operations teams throughout the Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) region.
Previous roles include vice president of channel sales for CA Technologies APJ, vice president at Sterling Software APJ and managing director at Information Advantage Australia.
“Equipping our customers to thrive in an increasingly digital and global economy is at the heart of the SAP business,” said Ruthven.
“As we continue to grow with our customers in Australia and New Zealand, Jim’s experience and track record in driving successful organisations will be invaluable in his tenure as COO. We look forward to the contributions he and his team will deliver to our business, and to our partners and customers.”
“It is an exciting time to work with Australian and New Zealand organisations as they continue on their path of digital transformation,” Fisher said.
“When it comes to innovation, there are a number of first movers here across technologies such as Cloud, the Internet of Things and our SAP HANA platform. I look forward to simplifying how the SAP team engages with and enables our customers to be more successful in an increasingly digital and global economy.”
With his appointment, Fisher will join the SAP A/NZ senior executive team, led by Ruthven.
- Vix Technology and Melbourne Storm roll-out Australia’s first ‘smart stadium’ at AAMI Park
- Unleashed Software secures $4.5m in latest round of capital raising
- Kaspersky Lab secures Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- HP to support the changing role of IT
- Cloud infrastructure vital as local businesses speed up Cloud deployments
- A decade down the line, VMware outlines future of business mobility
- SAP uncovers why talent continues to grow regional growth
- Emerson Network Power embarks on Talent Pipeline building program
- Enterprise demand triggers Rally A/NZ VP hire
- Q&A: Cisco's Ken Boal and Jason Brouwers – We're now a software and security company
- Report: How a brand's digital experience impacts customer loyalty