1. Key channel plays for 2015?
2015 is about ensuring you either have or are transitioning your financial model to one based predominately on monthly annuity revenue streams. While there are still large product acquisition deals in the market, they are diminishing rapidly and so monthly revenue models are becoming today’s norm. The transition from lumpy deals to annuity can be hard, but that simply makes it more important to make sure that your financial reporting, supplier agreements, financing options and compensation plans are all aligned to this financial model.
2. Key technology for 2015?
We are getting to the point in the IT industry where it's less about the technology and more about outcomes. Customers want to buy a service, either on premise or hosted, and are becoming less concerned with the technology behind it. Those who are deeply interested in technological advancements are more likely to be in the IT channel and service providers rather than end customers.
3. Key message to the channel for 2015?
Leverage your partnerships. NEXTDC’s success is directly tied to the success of its partners, so we will do whatever we can to help our partners be more successful and win more business. Deeper relationships and higher levels of trust accelerate success and more profitable outcomes.
4. Key warning to the channel for 2015?
Don’t miss new opportunities. Last year's competitors may become this year's partners. As the market evolves rapidly to an outcomes-based annuity model, its harder for many in the channel to build and deliver all the outcomes a customer requires. As a result, to achieve this, we are seeing an increase in partners working in an ecosystem to support each other.
5. Key to NEXTDC for 2015?Read more: 5 for 15: Everybody is reading what our industry leaders have to say about the year ahead
Making our partnerships successful. NEXTDC is relatively unique in the datacentre market in that it's when we sign up an IT partner that the hard work starts. We get involved and help out with business plans, joint selling, developing customer-specific solutions and a whole range of other activities to help ensure success for both parties.
- 5 for 15: 10 days, 41 interviews, 205 key insights, still growing
- 5 for 15: NetApp's James and Kasperky Lab's Mamonitis deliver telling insights on Cloud
- 5 for 15: Matt Jones, Xebra director
- NextDC takes customers on ExpressRoute to Microsoft Azure
- 5 for 15: Four new interviews added; Martin points to transitioning your financial model
- 5 for 15: Ian Raper, Riverbed regional vice-president
- NEXTDC wins worldwide award for design excellence