1. Key channel plays for 2015
The world is shifting and companies realise that owning a relationship with a customer is far more valuable than simply selling product transactions.
Channel companies in 2015 who realise that one off sales are dead and that ongoing annuities revenues are quintessential to their success will reap the rewards.
2. Key technology for 2015
The hype around the Internet of Things will start to bear fruit. We will see many new entrants into the market(s) and many of the larger players will release SaaS-based services to cash in the connected home, connected car and connected devices. Having the right pricing and packaging will be key, and get ready to iterate as the "big boys" come in. Build your ongoing relationship now!
3. Key message to the channel for 2015
Challenge your business models, challenge the way you deliver your value, disrupt yourself. Put client relationships at the centre of your plans, NOT products or widgets. The value of your business is linked to predictability in revenues, fantastic customer satisfaction, engaged clients and long-term contracts. Therefore, recurring business models are key to your success. Some of the hottest valued companies and the ones whom have grown the fastest on Wall Street have successfully monetised and embraced the subscription economy.
4. Key warning to the channel for 2015
One off sales are dead. You must differentiate your offerings and clearly there is a race to zero in on many of the fastest growing cloud markets.
5. Key to Zuora’s success in 2015
There are 6.8 billion subscribers globally who are demanding new ways to consume (subscribe) to services and products. This is a B-C and a B-B phenomenon. Our own growth requires partnerships that will enable us to support new ways in which Australians are also consuming products and services The key to our success this year is about our people, customer acquisition and growth.
- 5 for 15: Karl Sice, Staples head of technology solutions
- 5 for 15: Charles Woodall, ServiceNow head of service providers and integrators, Asia-Pacific and Japan
- 5 for 15: Jonathan Stern, MuleSoft regional VP A/NZ
- 5 for 15: Dave Rosenberg, Westcon Group managing director A/NZ
- SAP names new MD for Australia and New Zealand