Telstra has promoted its Cloud boss, Erez Yarkoni, to the role of chief information officer.
Before joining Telstra as head of Cloud in 2013, Yarkoni was CIO of T-Mobile USA.
He has also held senior roles at Amdocs Inc and Cingular Wireless.
Given the importance of Telstra's Cloud strategy, Yarkoni will continue with his overall responsibility for Cloud, both domestically and globally.
After acting in the role over the past three months, Erez will commence as CIO immediately.
Telstra's chief operations officer, Kate McKenzie, said "in keeping with Telstra’s global aspirations, I am pleased to appoint a truly global and highly regarded IT executive."
"Erez will share his time between Sydney and the west coast of the United States, which will provide a unique opportunity for him to lead our team in Australia, while working even more closely with Telstra’s global teams and partners," he said.
"I regard this as a significant and positive step forward for Telstra, particularly at this point in time as we’re becoming even more reliant on our IT capabilities to shape Telstra’s future in this fast-changing environment.”
- Equinix grows ME1 customers
- Cloud communications market set to reach $650 million: Telsyte
- Australia slides down global internet rankings despite NBN build-out
- Telstra sees jump in profit and customer growth
- VMware prepares channel for Australian vCloud Air launch
- Telstra adds IBM's SoftLayer to Cloud war chest