Quest Sofware helps customers discover, recover and audit Windows environments.
- 20 May, 2004 14:24
<p>Quest Software Helps IT Professionals Manage Windows
To Meet Business Needs</p>
<p>IRVINE, Calif., May 18, 2004 – Quest Software (Nasdaq: QSFT), a leading provider of application, database and Windows management solutions, today revealed its combined solution offering for Windows, designed to help IT professionals effectively manage their Microsoft environment. The announcement is part of Quest Software’s Windows Management product integration roadmap made available today. The roadmap white paper available at http://wm.quest.com/newsroom/pressroom/, outlines the strategy and products that result from Quest Software’s recent acquisition of Aelita Software.</p>
<p>This group of products helps customers:
• Streamline administration,
• Increase system availability,
• Optimize storage investments,
• Enhance security, and
• Support compliance with external regulations and internal policies.</p>
<p>“Whether used alone or in combination, these products can significantly improve the day-to-day efficiency of operations, long-term system security, and the ability of IT professionals to meet the challenges of today’s business environment,” said Sal Ciardulli, Manager, Systems Consulting (Asia Pacific), Quest Software.
Quest Software’s products for Windows management include Quest Central® for Microsoft, the first unified administrative workbench that extends and enhances the efficient day-to-day management of Windows server environments, including Active Directory and Exchange. The basic console, available at no cost, provides unified access to multiple administrative tools. Customers can add more value by licensing plug-in products, such as Quest Patch Management for Microsoft. Over time, a full range of Quest products will integrate with Quest Central for Microsoft.</p>
<p>Quest’s other products for Windows include:
• Quest Spotlight on Windows, an agentless diagnostic and troubleshooting product for Windows systems;
• ERDisk (formerly Aelita ERDisk), offering automated backup and 10-minute recovery of System State on Windows servers and workstations;
• Quest Patch Management for Microsoft, which scans, analyzes, deploys, and tracks Microsoft patches for servers, workstations, Exchange, SQL Server, and Microsoft Office;
• InTrust (formerly Aelita InTrust), providing event log management for audit and regulatory requirements;
• Quest Reporter, for security assessment for the Windows infrastructure and configuration change auditing;
• Quest Consolidator, offering agentless storage analytics and online Windows data, security and printer migration that deliver ZeroIMPACT™ consolidations and optimize storage resources.</p>
<p>In assessing the combined Quest/Aelita product set, two products were found to have similar functionality. A careful review of the impact on current customers, respective technical capabilities, and optimal platform for future development resulted in a decision to discontinue sales and development of Aelita Enterprise Directory Reporter and move forward with Quest Reporter. Support for Enterprise Directory Reporter will cease at the end of 2005. Customers with current maintenance contracts will receive Quest Reporter for no additional license fees.</p>
<p>Quest Software also made the decision to discontinue Aelita Consolidation Manager, moving forward with Quest Consolidator. Support for Consolidation Manager will cease at the end of 2004. Customers with current maintenance contracts for Consolidation Manager can substitute Quest Consolidator for no additional license fees.</p>
<p>About Quest Windows Management
Quest Software, now including the people and products of Aelita Software, provides solutions that simplify, automate and secure Active Directory, Exchange and Windows environments. The Quest Windows Management group delivers comprehensive capabilities for secure Windows management and migration. For more information on Quest Software’s Windows Management group, please visit http://www.quest.com/microsoft.</p>
<p>About Quest Software, Inc.
Quest Software, Inc. provides software for Application Confidence to 18,000 customers worldwide, including 75 percent of the Fortune 500. Quest products for application, database and Windows management help customers develop, deploy, manage and maintain enterprise applications without expensive downtime or business interruption. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., Quest Software has office in Australia and can be found at www.quest.com.</p>
<p>For further information contact Melinda Samson, Marketing Coordinator, Quest Software on 03 9811 8088 or 0415 720 606.</p>
<p>Quest and Quest Software are registered trademarks of Quest Software, Inc. The Quest Software logo and all other Quest Software product or service names and slogans are registered trademarks or trademarks of Quest Software, Inc. Microsoft, Windows, Exchange and Active Directory are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.</p>
- Microsoft hints at early April release of Windows 10's next feature upgrade
- TechnologyOne accused of bullying, again
- Can the channel capitalise on Australia’s new mandatory data breach notification laws?
- Australian Govt flags HP laptop battery recall
- Consumer watchdog flags further action over NBN speed claim issues