Telco giant, Telstra, has confirmed that it has been in discussions to buy undersea cable provider, Pacnet.
But Telstra did state that there was no certainty that any transaction will take place as a result of these discussions.
A previous report on Bloomberg indicated the two companies were discussing the acquisition potential.
If it did go ahead, Telstra would have ownership of about 46,000 kilometers of submarine cable linking Asia with the US.
- My Net Fone acquires S2Net's software
- Telstra fined $102,000 by ACCC
- Apple's iPhone 6 to boost Vita's performance
- Vocus gets the green light to acquire Amcom
- New undersea cable to link Australia and New Zealand
- Optus Business boosts Microsoft skills with Ensyst acquisition
- Telstra acquires Pacnet for $US697 million