Internet software security vendor, Bitdefender, has launched a new product ‘The Box’ aiming to tackle the security issues posed by the Internet of Things.
The new device, which is a blend of hardware and software, ensures complete protection for all Wi-Fi enabled devices including PCs, Macs, iPhones, iPads, Android or Jolla devices, Wiis and Xboxes, smart TVs, smart fridges and other devices.
The Box also offers antitheft capabilities, able to tune up a device and update its operating system, depending on the device and platform.
“The Box represents the birth of a faster, smarter, leaner and more convenient weapon against online dangers,” Bitdefender chief security strategist, Catalin Cosoi, said. “The Box embodies security the way it should be – it fully protects you 24/7 and most members of the family won’t even realise it’s there.”
The device will be available in Australia in 2015.
- Google Nexus 9 on sale today at Telstra for $479
- Space travel unravels as NZ prepares for 2015 launch
- Cogito Group ties up reseller agreement with CSS
- Australian government launches cybercrime reporting website
- Wearables mean it is the Internet of Your Things: Aerohive
- Internet of Things is not just about consumers: AVG
- Top Wi-Fi trends for 2015