The second event in ARN’s Insight Series drew a packed room at the Establishment in Sydney. More than 90 people heard IDG managing director, Davy Adams, present top line results from the 2014 State of the CIO Survey.
Adams revealed how CIOs are under enormous pressure and acknowledge that the role is becoming increasingly more challenging. As the evolution of technology has increased its impact across today’s organisations, the role of the CIO has had to change along with it. The CIOs' responsibilities have switched from managing cost centres to a stronger business orientation.
Additionally at the event, a panel of CIOs - moderated by CIO Executive Council A/NZ general manager, Caroline Bucknell - discussed their top business challenges, IT's evolving role and the shift in expectations of commercial arrangements.
A key theme of the event was how to build strong relationships with channel partners amidst the sweeping industry changes. The concept of shared risk and true partnership was explored.
We asked some of the attendees at the second of ARN's Insight Luncheon series what they thought of, and the key takeaways from, Adams' address and the event. Click on the links below to see what they had to say.
- Bulletproof Group’s Gary Marshall
- BEarena’s Darren Ashley
- VCPro’s Richard Youssef
- Weston Group’s David Hook
- Veeam Software’s Aggie Szemplinska
- XCentral’s Angus Mansfield
Visit the ARN Insight luncheon Series mini-site
- IN PICTURES: ARN Insight Series No 2 - What CIOs want (2/2)
- IN PICTURES: ARN Insight Series No 2 - What CIOs want (1/2)
- ARN Insight Series No 2 - Build better relationships: CIOs
- Cloud discussion now on how and not why: Bulletproof
- In the hot seat: Westcon Group sales director, David Hook
- VIDEO INTERVIEWS: 2014 ARN WIICTA winners
- Equinix grows ME1 customers