Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) held its annual A/NZ Partner Summit at the Sheraton in Noosa.
At the conference, vice president and general manager, Neil Evans, spoke about reconnecting with partners to move away from its indirect sales approach, as well as acknowledging the continued growth of the local datacentre market.
Industry and alliance solutions director, Phil Teague, shared how the vendor redefined and restructured itself to better support partners, such as ensuring resellers are placed in the right level of its channel program.
Other key news to come out of the conference was HDS’ partnership with Equinix to provision its Hitachi Cloud offering throughout its datacentre network.
HDS also introduced a new Cloud Service Provider (CSP) Program to assist CSPs in designing and packaging HDS-branded Cloud services.
Patrick Budmar covers consumer and enterprise technology breaking news for IDG Communications. Follow Patrick on Twitter at @patrick_budmar.
- HDS A/NZ reworks sales team, engagement rules to support partners
- Hitachi Data Systems introduces program for Cloud service providers
- Equinix to host Hitachi Data Systems’ Cloud service
- Hitachi Data Systems' top A/NZ partners for 2014 (+4 photos)
- Tape backup continues to remain relevant: Perfekt
- Seagate Kinetic HDD promises large cost savings