Australian mobile payments start-up, Clipp, has hired Todd Forest to lead the company as its new chief executive officer (CEO).
Clipp calls itself the ‘Uber for bar tabs’; it is an iOS- and Android-compatible application which allows users to pay for food and beverages using a mobile device rather than cash.
The start-up claims it has seen “tremendous growth in 2014” having added more than 200 venues to its portfolio in the last six months. It is now supported by more than 270 stores across Australia.
Forest joins Clipp as a seasoned executive with 16 years’ digital experience across a number of global brands in USA, Asia, and Australia.
Most recently, he led Microsoft’s online media unit for two years as regional executive producer for Asia-Pacific (APAC), prior to which he was director of Ninemsn’s content and audience experience business.
Commenting on his appointed, Forest said, “I join Clipp at a time when the mobile payments space is beginning to heat up.”
“Clipp is at the forefront of the industry in Australia, proven by the rapid uptake of our proprietary technology in the last six months alone.”
With Forest as CEO, Clipp co-founder, Greg Taylor, moves aside to serve as chairman, and will focus on strategic partnerships.
“Todd has a proven track record of the right experience, knowledge and skills to take us into the next phase of our business, and we’re thrilled about having him onboard,” Clipp co-founder, Greg Taylor, said.
“Aside from being one of the best digital executives, Todd is incredibly passionate about start-ups and I can’t wait to work closely with him to take Clipp to the next level.”
- Concur adds Airbnb and Uber to growing partner list
- NSW Transport puts an end to Uber's 'ride-sharing' app
- Here's the first iPhone 6 sold at the Sydney city store
- Optus launches carrier aggregated LTE on 2300MHz spectrum
- WA Mental Health Commission rolls out Microsoft case management system
- Uber urges Australian transport ministers to support app in open letter
- Clipp announces free in-app customer loyalty program