NBN Co, builders of the National Broadband Network, has lodged an appeal in the New South Wales Court of Appeal regarding the CPI (Consumer Price Index) adjustments under the 2011 Definitive Agreements.
The dispute concerns the correct contractual interpretation of the Definitive Agreements, and in particular the date from which CPI adjustments are to be made to the infrastructure prices applicable under the Infrastructure Services Agreement from its commencement.
NBN Co spokesperson, Karina Keisler, said, “NBN Co has carefully considered a range of factors in deciding on this course of action, including the potential impact on taxpayers of the Judgment at first instance.”
- Telstra may return $1bn to shareholders after 14.3 per cent profit jump
- NBN Co examines 'connected home' opportunities for RSPs
- Fibre, Ethernet key to Vocus’ $13.6m record profit
- ISPs offer ways to combat online copyright infringement
- Macquarie Telecom's managed hosting business to "reignite" earnings growth