VoIP and unified communications (UC) vendor, ShoreTel, has hired Frederic Gillant to oversee its regional operations across Asia-Pacific (APAC).
As vice-president and managing director for the region, Gillant will lead the company’s go-to-market in the region from its Singapore office. He is tasked with driving sales, expanding its partner network, developing new business, and managing sales and marketing operations.
He will also manage regional sales teams led by Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ) managing director, Jamie Romanin, and Asia and South Africa managing director, Bruce Downing.
According to ShoreTel worldwide sales senior vice-president, David Petts, Gillant was appointed for his business and leadership experience in UC, which the vendor expects will be key in driving growth for itself and partners.
Gillant joins ShoreTel after four years at Orange Business Services as APAC UC and collaboration vice-president.
Prior, he spent three years with T-Systems as chief sales and services officer for Greater China, preceded stints at Compuware, CGI, and Schneider Electric.
- ShoreTel Mobility gets updated
- Vodafone nabs Nokia Lumia 930 exclusive
- Vodafone beats Telecom in delivering 700MHz 4G
- Optus grows EBITDA, underlying net profit in Q1 2014/15, but operating revenue drops
- Telstra may return $1bn to shareholders after 14.3 per cent profit jump
- Orange appoints new Australasian enterprise MD
- Orange Business Services appoints new APAC senior vice president
- Schneider Electric wins 2014 Platts Global Energy Award