Global Cloud Xchange (formerly Reliance Globalcom) has appointed David Pearson to run its Australia and New Zealand (A/NZ) business as managing director.
Global Cloud Xchange represents Reliance Communications’ global business including capacity sales, managed services, and a portfolio of Internet solutions and value-added services. The company privately owns a 67,000 route-kilometre undersea cable system which is integrated with Reliance Communications’ 200,000 route-kilometre domestic optic fibre backbone.
According to Global Cloud Xchange Asia-Pacific (APAC) president, Fabrizio Civitarese, the appointment is part of the company’s A/NZ expansion strategy.
Pearson joins the operator with 28 years’ experience in telecommunications.
He most recently spend more than 12 years as sales director at Pacnet, a role in which he was responsible for driving sales growth across carrier, government and enterprise markets in A/NZ.
Prior, he was senior sales manager at Level 3 in Tokyo, Japan, where he set up and build the company’s local business.
Other positions include stints with Verizon, Eunetcom, BHP Engineering, Eli Lilly and Company, and British Steel.
- Former CA Technologies exec named as Verizon VP of global sales
- Cyberoam hires new Australian channel boss
- Cloud more secure that ever, but transparency needed: Verizon
- Telstra to invest additional $US270m in Ooyala video streaming
- Mitel appoints new VP and GM for Asia Pacific
- Hemisphere inks distribution deal with BeyondTrust
- Interactive Intelligence partners R-Group in national agreement
- Pacnet supplies network services for GovDC