Sophos has appointed Lan 1 as its second distributor within Australia, a deal the vendor expects to put its products into the hands of a greater range of resellers.
Lan 1 is a value-added distributor (VAD) owned by Hills Holdings. The latter acquired the former in 2012.
According to Sophos, the new partnership “enhances [its] current valued distributor network” which includes an existing partnership with Distribution Central’s (DC) Firewall Systems business unit.
Sophos worldwide sales senior vice-president, Mike Valentine, said the move is part of its channel-first approach to Australia.
The deal gives Lan 1 rights to sell the vendor’s full set of network, server, and endpoint security products.
This includes the latest version of Sophos Cloud, launched in Australia on April 30 as part of the company’s aggressive Cloud strategy which was announced on October 30 last year.
According to a statement, Lan 1 parent, Hills, is strengthening its focus on IP security, storage, networking, and CCTV to ensure the VAD can provide the reach and support for Sophos and its partners.
“The introduction of Sophos’ portfolio of solutions in mobile device management, endpoint security and Cloud is highly complementary to our current offering and closely aligned with out IP security strategy,” Hills head of CCTV, surveillance, and IT, Daniel Lee, said.
Lan 1’s CCTV and security portfolio spans more than 10 vendors, with its networking play comprising another 15.
“We have a strong national presence and are well equipped to provide the Sophos security portfolio to our partners and customers to help them grow profitability and capitalise on the market’s need for innovative IT security solutions and services.”
- Channel’s Software-Defined Everything competency will be specialised: Schneider Electric
- Atmail Cloud billings jump 900 per cent on Zuora SaaS platform
- EMC Forum 2014: Different workloads require different technologies
- Synnex's $45m logistics centre to boost vendor and reseller competitiveness
- Netgear partners with StorageCraft on ReadyRECOVER
- Avaya will drop transactional resellers for high-value partners
- Telstra extends Ericsson optical transport equipment supply contract
- Westcon Group acquires Verecloud
- WatchGuard names new A/NZ channel boss
- Telstra grows Equinix datacentre partnership