Amaysim has promoted its chief commercial officer, Julian Ogrin, to the newly-created position of managing director as its hunts for its millionth customer.
In the new role, Ogrin will lead the mobile virtual network operator’s (MVNO) marketing, sales, operations, human resources, and finance teams to maintain its online customer experience focus, growth, and bottom line.
“During the past 18 months of explosive growth, Julian has spearheaded a significant customer experience and technology transformation that played no small part in us thriving through a period of intense market consolidation, while becoming profitable and accelerating growth,” Amaysim co-founder and chief executive officer (CEO), Rolf Hansen, said.
Commenting on his appointment, Ogrin said his goal is to ensure the telco’s 600,000 Australian customers receive value and customer service which will trigger further growth as data becomes the new battleground in the market.
With Ogrin at the helm, Amaysim’s founders will serve as executive directors focusing on strategic initiatives and equity-related matters.
Before joining Amaysim in February 2013, Ogrin spent almost one year with Digicel and chief operating officer, prior to which he worked for Tele2 Croatia, Meteor Mobile Communications, and the Allphones Group. He has also had stints with SAS, Vodafone Australia, Cable and Wireless, and Coca-Cola Amatil.
Ogrin’s appointment takes effect on July 1.
More to come.
- Inabox acquires Neural to build Cloud portfolio
- Dick Smith wins Vodafone post-paid, eyes up Telstra and Optus
- Former HP exec to run Intel’s local distributor relations
- iVox’s Michael Clarke shifts to Inabox CTO role
- Analysis: Skills change, shortage doesn't
- Telstra taps into mobile security from TeleSign
- Predictive and social analytics identify customer micro-trends: Zensar
- NSW state government opens new window on data
- Allphones enters administration as investors’ cash dries up