ESET is continuing its Australian growth drive through the appointment of Sydney-based supplier, Open Channel Solutions, as value-added distributor (VAD) for the local market.
ESET is a Slovakian antivirus and authentication vendor which was formed in 1992 following the merger of two private companies.
The partnership, which was formally signed at CeBIT, will see Open Channel Solutions work with ESET’s Australian office to extend its customer reach by increasing the availability of the vendor’s solutions.
The agreement is expected to generate particular interest among small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
“We have chosen to work with Open Channel Solutions due to their prior experience and proven track record in the software solutions market,” ESET Asia-Pacific (APAC) sales director, Parvinder Walia, said. “I am pleased to have Open Channel Solutions on board to help increase the availability of ESET products and solutions across various channels in Australia.”
ESET opened shop in Australia with the launch of its Sydney office in September 2013, which was coupled with an ambitious push for new channel partners. The company has since hosted a number of local channel events to attract resellers.
- Trend Micro defends World Cup fans from cyber attacks
- AVG becomes a Cloud company with CloudCare
- BYOD challenge not new, but pervasive: Arbor
- Australian networking vendor moves into Japan
- Roundtable: Next gen firewalls - when old security isn't enough
- McAfee gives top APAC partner award to Dimension Data
- Romance scams costing Australian consumers the most: ACCC
- Mobile malware started with Cabir a decade ago: Kaspersky
- Still not enough market demand for Windows 8 apps: Bitdefender