EMC has merged all its partner programs under a global, unified structure, claiming it will provide resellers with a more predictable experience.
The Business Partner Program (BPP), which EMC said was created in collaboration with partners, intends to reward businesses which build “deep and broad investments across EMC” and its subsidiaries.
A statement from EMC states the goal is to offer partners “five new purpose-built solutions to drive higher value engagements across Cloud, Big Data, and security.
The global program is divided into a series of tracks which partners can onboard based on business requirements. Streams include EMC resell, distribution, Cloud service provider, system integrator and outsource, and the RSA SecurWorld program.
Partner across multiple tracks can earn training credits and dollars through qualification in VMware, Pivotal, RSA, and VCE to enter further programs and lower investments in sales or technical certifications.
The BPP contains a series of rebates for resellers selling EMC hardware, software and services starting at the first dollar, and increasing at a graduated rate as specific revenue thresholds are met.
A new ‘Partner Only’ status gives bottom-tier resellers access to the VNXe3200 array and the DD2200 system, alongside enhancements to the VSPEX Proven Infrastructure portfolio which includes 11 configurations leveraging VNXe arrays and Data Domain systems.
“Trusted Cloud services providers and proven systems integrators (SIs) play a vital role for our customers’ IT transformation to the third platform,” EMC global strategic sales senior vice-president, Terry Breen, said.
“By adding a richer engagement model, we will jointly develop solutions with our partners to ensure success with our mutual customers.”Read more: D-Link appoints Reardon as A/NZ MD
In addition to BPP, EMC has introduced several initiatives for specific types of partners.
To address its increase in Cloud services provider partners, the vendor has launched a lead development service, Cloud Series Provider Bid Desk, and the Cloud Partner Connect Program matching service that pairs resellers with Cloud services providers to resell, refer or white label Cloud solutions.
EMC has also unveiled its Partner Solution Innovation Centre for Global Alliance partners. Located in Bangalore, India, the centre will feature subject matter experts which will build solutions alongside partners.
- Intel goes channel-only with new hybrid tablet for education
- Intel launches Atom-based Thin Canyon NUC through distribution
- Corporate network no longer a “walled garden:" WatchGuard
- Offshoring of Australian jobs leads to oversupply of ICT professionals: Clarius
- Antivirus is not dead: Bitdefender
- Distribution Central invests in Avaya via online portal, iOS app
- Connector Systems picks Citrix rival to boost VDI portfolio
- Citrix regional VP defects to VMware
- Rival AirWatch pushed Citrix to chase Cloud capabilities in enterprise mobility
- Interview: If partners are successful, we are successful - EMC
- Atlantis to support VMware for faster, cheaper virtualised desktops
- Empired acquires eSavvy
- Elisha joins Pivotal as new CTO